1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's Main Target: Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 21, 2010.

1. chief

chief Member

no--thats a bit too much--

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are high as a kite.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Do not want.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not a fan. Dude is awesome, but he's a flopper.

I'll take my chances with AB.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Luis Scola never flops?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This post is completely bogus.

We have more assets (expiring contracts, Young Cheap talent, Draft picks) than any team in the NBA. If you can find another team that will take on Okafor and take CP3 while giving up that much let me know.

Paul has NO LEVERAGE at all. He's under contract for 2 years. The team will do what's best for THEM and that's dumping salary and getting cheap assets for new ownership. After these embarrising statements do you think the owner really want to help Paul and do whatever paul wants? I doubt it.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

A couple of things.

1. The Bosh comparison is stupid. Paul has two years left on his contract. He has no leverage. If he really hates the Rockets, we can always trade him at the deadline a year from now.

2. To me, even more so than AI or Granger or Wallace, CP3 represent the biggest, most risky move the Rockets can make. His injury history is nothing to scoff at. Honestly, I would rather have AI/Granger/Wallace than CP3. I don't want to suffer through more star injuries as a Rockets fan.

I would welcome a trade for Paul, but not nearly to the extent as I would with Bosh signing on.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Could it be because playahs like Cur Charles and P-Ew have retired?

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Well looking at recent history I think the only team that was really on Bosh's list was the Heat from the beginning, plus he was a free agent and had a choice. Paul's destinations are more of a if I could choose anywhere it would be blank. Who wouldn't want to go to arguably the two best teams in each conference. And NY is just NY. I think he would be open to coming to Houston if a deal was being setup. He gets a a chance to win and we get two years to sell him on the team. Just because a player wants to come doesn't mean that it will turn out all that well and we should know that best from the Pippen experiment. If you can get a top player at his position for at least two years i say you take it. Plus with the new CBA there is a chance that there will be new exceptions that will deter players from leaving in free agency even more.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Out of the three teams he prefers to go to which of those teams have the players to get the deal done. Lakers will not break up their team which is going for its third title in row, Knicks don't have anything left to bargain with, Magic maybe the only one left that NO may trade with.

I just don't think the Rockets need him. Lets see what this current Rockets roster can do by the trading deadline before making any deals. I for one would wait till then.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The article says if Chris had his way, he'd be starting the season with a new team...

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

*ear flick*

NO.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We are talking the Hornets... they did this trade didn't they...

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

it looks like everyone is teaming up against you.. and they are all wrong. you are right.

these fans have no idea how powerful agents are.
    also,the rockets do not a superstar that attracts paul.
    paul doesnt need china votes for allstar game,and also what are the chances NO trades in the division?

there are like 7 reasons why the rockets have no shot at paul,and only 1 that works,assets....which btw are overrated.

the hornets destroyed the rockets the last game of season in houston. you think they are sitting around wanting our bench players? come on. a trade exemption is worth more than taking on jeffries+hill

hornets dont need anything except picks. and once carmelo goes to NY nx year those knick picks will be worthless, not to mention when paul goes there also this summer

15. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

the more i think about it, the more i think we should have gone all out for cousins or even iggy.. paul looks like he is going to knicks,this making picks worthless, and the same thing will happen with melo,granger,like bosh...they want to play next to a young,hip,superstar not a coming-off-major-injury yao

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We have a very deep team! If the guy doesn't like our roster and wants to go play somewhere else, TO HELL WITH HIM! All of this team jumping to play with buddies will cease if a team like Houston, Orlando, or Chicago breaks through and wins the title! Then it'll be about team building.

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

i think the only one would be iggy. Bird is said to want a superstar for Granger,and Wallace isnt on the block. It was bosh or bust now its iggy or bust.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think you have any idea how all of this works out.

Chris Paul is under a 2 year contract. It really doesn't matter if a agent tells the owner "WELL...Well...If you don't accept this trade for Chris you can't have any of my players!!!"

What if one of 'his' players wants to go to NOH? If the Agent doesn't get him there the Agent is fired.

The Agent only has as much power as the player(s) allow them to. Period.

19. Codman

Luis flops in the post when someone lowers their shoulder.

CP3 is the second coming of Derrick Fisher. He runs through a pick, throws his legs out like retro Reggie Miller and exaggerates any type of body contact like Many.

Just not my type of player.

I'm not saying he's a top 5 point guard, but rather, I like what our team has in Aaron Brooks.

Plus, I think we would have to give up WAY too much for his services. It won't be like a Kwame Brown/Pau Gasol give-a-way.

20. Codman

I was pissed at that trade! Bonzi could have helped us that season!