1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's Main Target: Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 21, 2010.

1. lalala902102001

I can't believe CP3 put the Knicks as his top choice. More motivation for us to try to get him to prevent him from gonig to NY.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Maverick Carter only likes Sexy Destinations

I'm more and more convinces that World Wide Wes and Maverick Carter are henchmen for David Stern to get the major cities relevant in the NBA again. The overhaul began with Los Angeles and Boston. Pau was had for nothing and KG/Ray Allen was a bit lop sided as well

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wouldn't be surprised though if that happened. If the Lakers recycle their trash again for Chris Paul, the NBA should just do away with the friggin cap.

I wouldn't mind him going to Orlando though. It's really not a huge market and it wouldn't make the team stacked (prbly less stacked because they will have to trade their depth for him)

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I guess Houston's gentleman clubs are no longer that big of a draw.

:)

DD

5. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

While CP3 is a great player, I doubt he would co-exist with Yao. Yao would be running to death and couldn't even catch his passes.

6. Htown-Stew

Htown-Stew Member

Do you guys honestly think that New Orleans would trade Chris Paul to a divisional rival?

7. alcatrazpsycho

Or how about... What has history taught us about whiny players who quit on their team?

8. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I wouldnt mind a two year rental.. then a sign and trade.. if he doesnt want to stay... as long as we keep one of the knicks picks im good with the idea..

9. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Well actually trading Kevin Martin is not applicable because the Hornets are looking for cap relief so taking on Kevin Martin would defeat the whole purpose of trading Chris Paul. If they will see past us being divisional foes, then we definitely have the assets to pull of the trade without losing Kevin Martin. Yao not being a question mark would help out a ton so Paul would sign an extension. Give them Brooks, Hill, a valuable expiring Jefferies, and the 2012 first rounder and even Battier since he is expiring to right?

10. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I don't see how you can trade your best player for cap relief. Are you better with Paul and Okafor or without either but instead with a bunch of cap space? Who will want to come to that team as a free agent?

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Difference between quitting on a team and a team quitting on the player.

Hornets haven't made the moves to even be in the playoffs...

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

At this point, the NBA should just go to contracts like the NFL and be allowed to cut players and get out from under their contracts. I would love to have CP3 but all of these players are holding the clubs hostage and can negotiate where they end up. It's just not right. If the club could cut em and be done with it, they would then be in control (this year excluded) as most of the time there is not enough free money out there to give the stars what they want. Maybe then they'd play and shut there mouths. I don't have a problem with free agents doing what they do, but when you sign a contract, shut your mouth and fulfill it.

13. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

If we trade for him and win, happiness will come with winning

14. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He's still getting those big paychecks from the club. They did try to make some moves to improve, they just didn't work. I'm not defending teams in general, but the only thing the teams owe the players is that the checks they send em don't bounce. The teams have no resource if the player doesn't fulfill his promise or potential or gets injured, see Rockets and McGrady.

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I actually think Chris Paul is the perfect PG for Yao.. he sets up the half-court game great.....

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rox do NOT have the assets to acquire CP3. To reach across the Atchafalaya Swamp Hwy to New Orleans will take even more than, say, Charlotte.

CP3 will force himself to a preferred destination taking one or two toxic contracts with him. Collison and newcomers will make Shinn (and/or successor) very happy as the financial situation will improve dramatically, it was CP3 not ownership forcing the exit, and they'll win or lose about the same with him or with the new guys.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chris Paul is a competitor though, he doesn't want to just fade out on a bad team.

This is different than the Tmac situation and from the Lebron one. Both of those guys were on good teams. Chris Paul is on a bad one, he has every right IMO to want out of that situation. He can only play at a high level for so many years afterall while the owners and GM can do that job for years and years if they are good enough.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think and hope if he goes anywhere he goes to the magic. Not sure what the Hornets could get from LA besides maybe Bynum and some low draft picks.

19. alcatrazpsycho

Ummm... I believe happiness brings good fortune, not the other way around. One can't mope and hope, one has to make their own destiny.
    Regardless of who quit on who, he's whining and wants to go where? Lakers? Knicks? Magic? That's a sign that he'd rather play with the best rather than beat the best, with the Knicks being a quasi-exception. That means he has no heart. That means me no want.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!
    They can contend with the Heat and we can have high hopes on our Knicks pick. LA is just out of the question..