1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's Main Target: Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 21, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chris Paul holds no leverage, NOH can trade him to whoever the hell they feel like trading him to.

An ideal scenario is getting CP3 here and showing him he doesn't need Dwight, Kobe, or Amar'e to win a championship.

But it doesn't matter because the Lakers will recycle their trash for Chris Paul. For reasons unknown the Hornets will accept.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not unless he agreed to sign an extension that would be suicide for a franchise.

DD

3. pli777

pli777 Member

I think Paul wants to play wint a bona fide all star, neither Yao (post injury) nor Martin fits that description.

2ndly, Brook's ability to hit the three, I think, is more valuable and fitting in the system of having Yao in the middle. I think Paul will be much more effective playing with an athletic catch and dunk type of centre/forward. Someone like Stoudamire or his ex teammate Chandler.

4. DaDakota

Yeah, NBA GMs always go out and try to trade for guys who don't want to play in a certain destination and are sure to leave after a year or so.

Come on folks...get real.....

UGH !

DD

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Westbrook for Paul and Okafor, we all kill ourselves, UCLA fans rejoice.

6. choujie

choujie Member

I agree with your 1st point.

But Chris Paul is not worse than AB in terms of 3 point shooting.

7. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Dare to dream my man. Sometimes hope is all we have.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

ooookkay, did you guys read more than the headline of that article? The only reason he wants to leave NO is to team up with a (or two) "superstar". So why would he come to Houston now? I'm not being down on our guys, but we still have a lot to prove.

It looks like he'll probably be going to NY. From what I've heard, the Magic are not necessarily in a very good position to make an attractive trade for him.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Where did Paul say he DIDN'T want to play for Houston?

All of this is rumors including the teams listed, and we know even if Paul did say Houston was a option there is a chance the Media just doesn't care about that option.

We know ESPN would drool all over this if Paul said he wanted to go to the Lakers or NYK and pretty much ignore all other options.

10. Mashing

Mashing Member

We have like 3-4 year window to win a championship, and then, unless we get extremely lucky in the draft, we'll probably end up a lottery team. Who takes over for Yao when his playing days are over? I think we'll end up like we did after teh championship years. And DD, doesn't it appear taht Les is going for it all now, and not necessarily looking to the future.

I do get what your saying, but I think it's akin to what the Astros did to acquire Randy Johnson (which didn't work out) and the Clemens/Pettite signings (which did work out, but also lead to the current situation the Astros find themselves in). I think it is worth the risk, but that's just me. At the very least you agree that Morey should at least attempt to grab CP3 right?

11. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Since when are we ever on somebody's radar? (other than the Kings)

Concerning Bosh, he, along with Wade and LBJ, already decided WAYY before hand that they would team up together, and would probably ignore all trade suggestions offered to them.

12. DaDakota

Of course he should.....but I have to be honest, I hate that guy, I think he is an uber punk player.......

So, while I acknowledge his talent, I am not a fan of CP3.

DD

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

#1 Does Paul have a no trade clause? If not this list of teams is a pile of crap. Sorry but it doesn't look like we are enticing any free agents superstars so we might have to trade for one for a 2 year rental.

#2 NO would want to trade with us because we are willing to take back salary, specifically the loooong contract of Okafor. We can give them expirings, young talent, picks, etc.

# 3 Yes AB would go but most likely not to NO, send him to a third team like Indiana and move their assets with ours to NO.

At the end of the day we have the best package of assets and willingness to take on Okafor. It's an ideal trade scenario. If he truly wants out and doesn't end up here I would consider it a huge failure on Morey's part.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why is "Houston's Main Target" always whoever happens to be in the news on any given day?

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What's with all these superstars "wanting to play with superstars." NBA players have gone soft regarding physicality, but it has now reached their mentality as well

16. Mashing

Mashing Member

Well to be fair, these superstar players are ALWAYS another teams main target (unless you can't possibly trade for them or sign them).

17. amaru

amaru Member

Absolutely no chance that Paul is in a Rockets jersey...unless it is a post deadline rental

18. jason3333

jason3333 Member

i just do not think paul wants to be here in houston. i would love for him to be here. i hope im wrong.

19. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

AB>CP3; we do need melo tho

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The article(and the "source" is only listing the sexy destinations...

If i'm Chris Paul I realize that playing in Houston is a temporary thing, and I can't deny the trade any way so why the hell not?

If i'm houston I realize that Chris Paul is a monumental upgrade over Brooks, and there is a good chance this team is better than the Lakers having a dominant PG and C. Also realize that if we do make it to the finals or even win the damn thing Chris Paul would be very likely to resign...and if he doesn't, oh well it was a fun two years while it lasted.