1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[houstonians or former houstonians]Do you know any Cowboys fans ?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Oct 28, 2014.

?

Have you met a cowboys fan who lives in Houston?

1. yes

32 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Spurs fans live in houston

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyway, at this point it's obvious that you don't have the cognitive ability to hold an intelligent conversation either due to substance abuse or simply due to having unfortunate genes. That said, congratulations, you get to be the 2nd person on the ignore list. Sober up and re-think your life.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've had multiple posters here on the site call you out on your BS.

Face it, we understand you are trying to prove something by pretending you know something about Houston Sports and you are getting bamboozled like David Robinson in 95.

You will never win any arguments against anyone because we all know you know nothing. John Snow knows more.

1 person likes this.
  3. Granville

Granville Member

Not a big fan of BTG but drop the tired 99er act.

And we all know Cowboy fans in Houston.

[​IMG]

4. tinman

Supporting Member

That's if you actually live in Houston and interact with people who watch football.

His analogy was that it's like being a Spurs fan in Houston which is incorrect.

Another Clutchfan mentioned that he was born in Houston during the time where there was no NFL team and his folks were Cowboys fans.

The Cowboys have existed much longer than the Texans. And they are shown nationally for decades.

Nowadays , you can watch any team you want for the NBA, but Cowboy fans in Houston have always existed, it has never been bandwagon fans.

The Texans had to spend years to build up loyalty.

oh for the 99ers, I WILL NEVER STOP REPPING THE 99ERS
    IT'S FOREVER
    [​IMG]

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Here's a great example by a great Clutchfan

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

What does this have to do with the elite Tmac?

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It started sucking in the mid-late '90s but mostly because Jones and Switzer were such idiots, but for 20 of the 25 years before then they were a solid team, while every year at least one aspect of the Oilers organization was a complete nightmare.

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The Texans have had 12 years to establish an identity and national brand and they haven't. People just associate them with any other crappy NFL team. I guarantee that if you ask the average NFL fan to name 3 adjectives to describe the Texans, Bad would be on there 90& of the time.

It's not like The Oilers were one of the greatest NFL teams ever but at least they had history and some success. Would love to see the next Texans owner to make a push to get the Adams family to relinquish the Oiler name. The worst part of it is that there was an old AFL team in Dallas called the Texans. How is that not a big deal?

9. Buck Turgidson

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

And your point is?

As much as everybody hated that thread, I still stand by it. Asik was way more valuable than what we got for him. And we did not get Ariza for Asik. We could have freed up the money to sign Ariza through other means such as dumping Lin. Nobody convinced me otherwise in the thread. The Asik trade was terrible, so suck it.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers are deeply passionate about the Rockets and never one player especially ones who suck or ones who can't get past the first round

Nothing is wrong with a 99er thread.. ever

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've found that ones who AREN'T from Dallas are the most annoying, actually.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I am a HUGE Cowboys fan. I don't exactly live in Houston but I am not that far away. I would wager there are more Cowboys fans in Houston than Texans fans in Dallas.