1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstonian with CHL kills young hood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, May 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course this whole issue just reminds me of why ranchers often will include a few Brahmans or Longhorns in every herd even if their main cattle choice is a better tasting breed like Angus or whatever. Angus cows will just allow wolves to eat their young or helpless rather than putting themselves at risk to protect them, Brahmans or Longhorns will fight the wolves off, protecting the herd. In life we have need for both because the rancher can't always be around, even if the Angus doesn't appreciate the Brahmans.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's easy for us to say when we're not affected by the robberies. I bet the Gamestop store patrons and employees were happy that the robber got shot dead.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think there will be a bit of 'fixing the story' to fit the narrative

Like JV said . .. . I doubt he will be convicted of anything
    no one of any importance was harmed

Rocket River

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Introducing the new "X" Box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Yep. The one time I have been around a crime I did.

Woman in a parking lot was tackled and had her purse stolen. I saw the guy WALKING away. I went to help the woman who was terrified. Called the police and helped her however I could.

God...I regret so much not beating that guy down with some patriotic justice! Whenever I smell crime, I'll start reloading from now on.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You didn't read the story, posted incorrect information and now don't believe the law enforcement. We don't have all the information yet your mind is made up that when more information comes it will be lies.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Dude was eating
    2. dude saw a crime
    3. dude stopped eating
    4. dude went got his gun
    5. dude shot IN THE OPEN PUBLIC AT CRIMINALS
    6. dude is not a cop/law ennforcement/etc

Where am I missing something

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. BTW -I read the initial story . . . .
    just went back to the link . . .and it is not MORE story to it.

2. "I feared for my life" - if ever you shoot any one .. . immediately say that . . .no matter what . .. you have to say that . . . . it is not almost a cliche

Rocket River

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's sort of the problem, you aren't missing anything, you are just coming to the wrong conclusion. You know it's 2+2, it's that somehow you are coming up with the answer being 5.

1. Dude was eating
    2. Dude saw people's lives in danger
    3. Dude stopped eating
    4. Dude went and got his gun
    5. Dude drew on the robbers, stopping the robbery.
    6. Dumbass pointed his gun at dude.
    7. Dumbass died.

You blame the guy who stopped the armed robbery for putting people's lives in danger, somehow failing to see that their lives were already in danger to begin with.

10. Bandwagoner

The sheriff said that after hearing many facts we don't know. Your quote marks are from law enforcement.

Are you happy with the outcome? And I don't wanna hear about no mother****in' ifs. Happy with outcome or not?

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Bandwagoner pointed out we don't know exactly what happen so I leave it at that.... we don't know exactly what happen.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Guns where not drawn of fired until he escalated
    So to be CLEAR . . . your hero DREW FIRST

If your hero had not drawn first . . .simply got the information
    the cops would have picked these guys up in a matter of hours
    and no one would have been put in harms way

BTW - What is the source of the info that dude pointed the gun at him?
    The cop wasn't there and he did not say witnesses said.

When you kill a person . . you always win the he said i said battle.

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

actually no
    Someone is dead over an XBox

that outcome will *never* sit right with me

Rocket River

14. Bandwagoner

Great so don't act like your problem is elsewhere in the details. Don't pretend the sheriff is full of crap. You are unhappy that an armed robber was shot and killed after he pointed a gun at someone.

15. Bandwagoner

LOL I said bananas. Hilarious!

:p

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The robbers already had guns drawn when they were committing the robbery at gunpoint. Also, big myth that cops get these guys whenever things like this happen.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We do know that 2 guys were robbing a store at gunpoint and it ended up getting one of them killed. That we know. Honestly though, what else do we need to know?

No, he didn't "draw first", do you think those guys were robbing the store with mean words? How you can think that no one was "in harm's way" during an armed robbery is beyond me. I'm sorry that your hero got shot while robbing a store, but it was his fault that he died.

It shouldn't sit right with you, no one should be stupid enough to end up dead because they were stupid enough to rob a store "over an XBox". The problem is that you put the blame on the wrong person. You blame the person that stopped the armed robbery rather than the armed robbers. The implication in an armed robbery is that the armed robbers will kill you unless you do what they want, they were planning on killing people "over an XBox", how does that sit with you?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did I absolve the robbers of their crimes? Responsibility?

Compounding a crime with another irresponsible act
    does not absolve the criminal
    An irresponsible act that ends up with 'favorable' results. . . does not make it any less irresponsible

Rocket River

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're not in harm's way when you're not in the building being robbed. He put himself in harm's way intentionally.

The problem with the story is that he says he went to his truck to get his gun and was threatened in the process whereby he drew his gun and fired. If he already had his gun why was he going yo his truck to get a gun? Sounds like he went out to intervene and lied about going to his truck to get his gun.

As for the whole he feared for his life thing, they teach you to say that in CHL classes. It's the standard tag line to claim self defense in a shooting.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't irresponsible, it was in fact him being responsible. If you have the ability to help those in harms way and you do nothing, you are being irresponsible.

He put himself in harms way because there was a store full of people already in harms way. He was threatened when the moron raised his gun at him, he wasn't threatened until that point. If he'd run up shooting, then that's one thing, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that was the case.

I honestly can't believe this is even a discussion.