1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstonian with CHL kills young hood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, May 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So do you have a link with quotes to back that up? I saw a video where a harris county sheriff said differently and have links from the three news sources that are reporting what you are saying is false.

#41 Bandwagoner, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Just glad innocent people didn't get hurt/killed.

Random stray bullets.. this could've been alot worse.

In this exact scenario, let's say a child (or an adult for that matter) was seriously hurt or killed, would there be charges brought up against the vigilante? What kind of charges? Manslaughter?

I dread the day I hear a story like this except with a much sadder ending. If that happens, I hope the cowboy gets the book thrown at him, as well as the burglars/robbers of course.

If an innocent person dies, in my eyes the vigilante is as stupid and as responsible as the criminals, for the additional casualties.

There's a time and place for everything. Even police are instructed to back off from high-speed car chases when there is alot of traffic. This was just irresponsible and reckless, and we should be glad no one else was hurt IMO.

#42 krnxsnoopy, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  3. Summer Song Giver

God man, are really implying rolling over and taking it is best, you're b**** made dawg.

1 person likes this.
  4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Yeah, because when my friend got his phone stolen, tried to fight back and got one of his fingers cut off, afterwards he always said 'At least I stood up like a man!'

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When keeping it real goes wrong.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Yeah. I'm so sure that is how it happened. They walked into the store with their guns concealed and politely asked the manager to put the cash in a bag and load the Xboxes into a cart.

Come on fella...you can't honestly believe that is how it went down.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Stupid post of the day.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

In a perfect world where stray bullets don't hit someone's mom, son , father etc.. this guy would have gotten praise from me. Takes balls and shows good character, but miscalculation when it comes to judgement.

1 person likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't question the motive of the veteran and his actions speak well of his character. But using his weapon in a confrontation manner is very questionable and could have had disastrous consequences. What would the comments be if innocent people had been shot and killed because of his actions?

Using a weapon to protect one's own property and family is a sacred American right. Aggressively escalating a situation like this with innocent bystanders is another. Fortunately the guy killed was a criminal. Very lucky.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IMO - when I hear a cop say that . . . it means "I'm on THIS GUY'S SIDE" . . .more a sign of favortism than anything

Rocket River

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is where I have a problem.
    He created an open gun fight on the street
    QUESTION - If a cop just came out blasting . . .would we condone that??

Rocket River

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ummm yeah.

If a cop had been there, he would have pulled his gun and ordered the robbers to freeze. The robber would have pointed his gun and the cop would have opened fire. Pretty basic police work. It also,sounds amazingly like what happened.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So you think *anyone* with a gun should have the same rights as a cop?

Rocket River

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You mean, shoot back when shot at?

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I applaud the man for his heroic action.

But, I disagree with his judgement.

He made everyone around him at risk by escalating the issue.

He could have called 911 and give them the car's license number.

No need to risk everyone's life around you for boxes of games.

At the end of the day, he was a hero for stopping the criminals.

He could have done it the other way though.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I find it funny and a bit sad how willing people are to demonize someone who did the right thing and stopped an armed robbery. The moron thief didn't have to draw down on the guy, he chose to die. Raising a weapon at a vet is one of the surest ways to end up dead.

1 person likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, can't condone a cop that just came out blasting. But if it's routine cop behaviors - and the suspect decided to draw, then absolutely the Cop has the right to protect himself. The other part of this is, when a a cop is involved, everyone in that area know to move away and seek safety. In this case with a armed civilian, people might have no idea until shot starts.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm fatigued with these stories. He won't be convicted of anything even though what I think he did was wrong. Let's not excoriate ourselves on this again. Apparently, if you ever see someone breaking a law, it's open season.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I see nothing demonizing about questioning his judgement as it could have easily gone badly. I bet you he himself is questioning his own judgement. Almost anyone would after they killed someone when the intention (presumably) was not to.