1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstonian with CHL kills young hood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, May 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Classic

Classic Member

He has prior training. He can insert himself as he pleases same as an off duty cop.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's what she said

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Houstonian with CHL
    _____

Where is the proof this person had a CHL and the training that goes with it?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure that info was volunteered by the police.

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

So a moment of unlawful, nonaggressive possession warrants engagement, lethally, from a lawful gun owner? This is an avoidable mentality issue.

Guns were no issue until the "hero" unveiled his tool.

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I sure hope a gun toting vet is able to gun down all these dwi "thugs" some time soon...the world would be a much better place. I know I am safe when someone can kill someone driving erratically.

7. Classic

Classic Member

So is robbery.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If he would hace just ate his sandwich nobody would of gotten shot and I would be playing an Xbox one right now!

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If a CHL is all you need to "insert" yourself into a situation and start shooting then all sane folks need to hide.

Fun fact: I was heading to work on Hardy southbound a few months back and saw a guy in a white Hyundai sedan venting his road rage on a woman driving a Corolla. I was wondering wtf his problem was when I saw his license plate that read CHL-001. Coincidence? I doubt it.

10. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Agreed. But active engagement isn't the best solution, hell, it never is. deterrence initially is far better than escalation.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You sure seem overly skeptical of minor point that was reported by KHOU. Do they have credibility issues?

CHL holders are statistically very unlikely to commit any crime. What are you trying to say?

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That is a true hero. Nice work and one less scum of the earth we have.

3 people like this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Neighbor Kris Martin said, "This is our neighborhood and I just want to say thank you. My kids go in that game stop and it could've been anyone's child."

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Yeah, down the street from my house.

North Shore needs to up the ante with cutting down crime

I was at the GNC yesterday.

15. Bandwagoner

what is "nonagressive" about armed robbery with your face covered in the middle of the day?

If you want to know the Texas penal code on the use of deadly force google it. DWI doesn't qualify.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No armed robbery here. Armed came into question when CHL guy confronted.

17. Bandwagoner

What version of the facts are you reading where the bad guys were not armed? Quote to the relevant facts with a link please?

18. Bandwagoner

For Cheetah
    For the domestic abuser

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...an-interrupts-store-robbery-kills-5514834.php

See do something like that but where it says they didn't have guns when they walked out of the store. TIA.

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No guns were used to obtain property or intimidate the victims. Guns were used to escalate a minor heist..

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Gun fire exchange. Parking lot full of people. Stores full of people. Glass door of nearby yogurt shop shattered. Thanks goodness no one else got hurt, but easily someone could have been. Not worth it over games, at all.

You only need a few hours of training to obtain CHL. Don't equate that to police training. Military training belong to military operation. I recall CHL training said... don't think we are cops or superhero, at all cost except self defense of you or others, avoid pulling your weapon. Don't put yourself in a situation where you have to fire you weapon. (and of course if you fire you weapon, you shoot to kill). This is putting yourself in a situation where you have to fire your weapon, over stolen games. Maybe he saw someone was in morbid danger and that certainly justify his actions, otherwise, I said it was unnecessary as it put more people at danger. (plus, judgement and experience would tell you the type of people that would rob a gamestop -- probably kids).