1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston We Have A Power Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

We're set from 2 through 5. The only thing this team needs is Tony Parker.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, PF shouldn't be a concern for this team in my opinion. Jones and Dwight fit perfectly with each other. I know they had to pacify Asik earlier on in the season to see if TT would work and it cost the Rox some games. Glad McHale finally wised up.

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

TJones is proving himself well.

i was waiting for him to have a slump. but he's been pretty damn consistent.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a great role player, and benefits from playing with the talent on this team - as long as he stays within himself he is golden.

DD

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I remember a lot of dumbasses in this thread didn't even want this Jones guy on draft night. clutchfans message boards is a forum full of hypocrites and idiots (not all, just a lot) that talk before thinking.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I love the production, but it's still hard to cheer for a guy who stomps on defenseless homeless people. I wish he would just come out and provide an explanation.

7. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I see him as a more physical Lamar Odom on the offensive side....defensively dude is just as good as Dwight around the rim. *Sidenote* has anyone noticed when we give Dwight the ball with his back to the basket we only score on about 1 of those 5 possessions. We should have just payed Chandler Bang to an extension instead of bringing in this BUST we call Dwight Howard

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Don't worry, we've coached Dwight down for the beginning of the year so he can struggle. Then in midseason Hakeem can fix him up, and he can power is to the title after an extensive 80s-esque comeback montage.

9. J Hard

J Hard Member

Got anything intellectual add? lol Get over yourself, like you knew 100% Jones would pan out, real lame man.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

dwight just needs to settle in.. hes doing fine, the post game will come when hes more settled in due time.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

No we don't, morey got comfortable #playoffs

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

can we sign glen davis or something

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Hey the hell would he sign here, when the clippers are the obvious spot

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

because we are better

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

I hope other teams didn't watch the tape of this game. Warriors guarded Jones extremely well. They gave him plenty of room to shoot outside, which obviously isn't his strength.

Our lack of a true stretch 4 will eventually doom us.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin, parsons, Howard could've done more, but what it all come down to is the lack of a solid stretch 4, when Howard is having a off night we can't expect harden to carry is all game, we need a 4 that can stretch it out bit some shots make the defense react so Howard & harden can get better looks

If u watch jones recently he never sets picks, I saw dmo set more then jones on just one play, only thing jones is good for is transition game and dunking, neither one of those are playoffs basketball.

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

This team needs a kenneth faried. Jones ain't the answer.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

Hahaha!!!!

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No, they need a stretch 4.

Thats why Dmo has been looking a lot better (especially now that he is knocking the 3 down occasionally too....)

Jones can't shoot and that will always be a problem.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Howard should dominate guys like O'Neal and Lee. True jones needs to shoot better,but 4-13 vs gsw won't cut it.