1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston We Have A Power Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Houston We Have A Power Forward ... his name is Committee.

2. carayip

carayip Member

DMo shooting 3s (and not making regularly) is entirely on himself. You don't see McHale asking Greg Smith and Omer Asik to stand behind the 3 point line to space the floor, do you? Somehow I also don't see Lin and Harden having trouble driving to the lane with Smith and Asik on the court. If DMo knows how to hold post position, he will get more post up chances. He is not being used much on that now because he's simply not that good as it.

3. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

I did pay close attention and I consider what he did NOTHING because he had NO IMPACT on the game he continued to miss open shots he even missed point blank shots around the basket. He wasn't doing anything special on defense Myers Leonard was a no show even when d-Mo wasn't in the game.

This is why I cam D-Mo the "Kevin Walter" of the rockets because he basically is a non factor but any little thing he does is blown out of proportion Ex Kevin Walter sucks as a #2 Receiver .... But he is a really good blocker lol

4. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Opps Call not cam

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you rally think McHale would let him continue to jack up missed threes if it was entirely up to DMo?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Relax. A little joke at your expense does not warrant blowing a gasket like this. #MentalHealth #BeWell

7. steady

steady Member

This recently posted on twitter, and retweeted by DMorey.

NBA Guru ‏@NBAGuru 1h

Royce White off bench for RGV last night: 28 pts, 9-16 FG, 9 reb, 6 ast, 4 stl, and a whopping +26. Nobody else on team was higher than a +7
    Retweeted by Daryl Morey

--
    I don't count on R White for anything either, at this point, but it is interesting to note.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I was joking too. I think. next time we should add the ;) after our jokes. ;)

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

No one denies White is talented. He has amazing skills. His problem is he is a bit nut case. And will he ever be able to incorporate those talents into a team concept. TWill had across the board talent like that. He had even more impressive games in the DLeague. But when on the floor in the NBA he did not help us win. My personal assessment of White is his natural talents can lift him to stardom but when he is not the star he becomes disinterested in the game.

Basketball is not his first love or even second or third. It's just something he has a gift for. Perhaps this is due to his disorder but until he can get his priorities straight he will never be of value in the NBA. Talent can only get you so far.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good. Don't need this thread to negatively impact anyone's well being.

About Jones: Has some good tools but still too early to tell. Not sure he'll be a consistent high volume rebounder (his college and DLeague numbers are similar to Patterson's, IIRC, and there isn't too much to go by at the NBA level yet). He seems to be making less mistakes in stuff like defensive coverage than before.

He does have the best NBA-ready body among the rookie PFs and can finish well around the basket more consistently than Robinson.

11. HangTime

HangTime Member

Disappear was an understatement

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

This is the same thing that happened at times at Kentucky. In his defense, offensively its not like they are running plays for the dude. If he doesnt get the rebound then he is not usually going to get a shot attempt. he didnt seem like he was putting much effort on the boards like he did the other night. Smith should definately start and I like D-mo also. Jones has still not had five percent of the chance the others have had but at least he is getting a small chance. The only one I am truly worried about is T-rob and I hope im wrong about him.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

FYI I have submitted my request for a Jones jersey... just so you know his likelihood of being traded!

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

pretty good at blocking shots i gotta say

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

TJones is going to show the world he's on Jsmooth level!

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Kevin McHale go some "splaining" to do. Jones should have been playing all year. He would be much more advanced and comfortable with minutes. Beast potential.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Or maybe his decent play is due to his extended time in the d-league?

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

5 block shots in 20 min of action. What a beast!

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

But wait...I thought folks wanted to trade Jones for a late 1st rounder?

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don't buy that. He has shown ability from day 1. Believe what you want though. Funny how other teams manage to develop young guys by actually playing them in real games.