1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans Season Record Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Sep 8, 2010.

?

How will the Texans finish in 2010?

1. 11-5 or better

20.3%
  2. 10-6

42.4%
  3. 9-7

15.6%
  4. 8-8

7.4%
  5. 7-9

6.9%
  6. 6-10 or worse

7.4%
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To call it a "depth problem" in regards to backups to Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Brian Cushing, Demeco Ryans, and Mario Williams is just stupid. These are Pro Bowl, All-Pro players. OF COURSE THERE'S A DROP OFF...THESE ARE SOME OF THE BEST PLAYERS AT THEIR POSITION IN THE NFL.

1 person likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Good example.

For what it's worth, I know I probably sound like a pessimist in some of these threads, but I'm not. I'm more excited about this season than I've ever been for this team, and I honestly think they are good enough to make the playoffs and to beat any team on any given Sunday.

I just don't think they are one of those teams that is complete enough to overcome those "if only..." moments. All teams have a bad decision or two or a missed field goal a bad play call, etc. The ones that are REALLY good (like the Colts for example) are good enough to where that doesn't derail their season. I'm not sure the Texans are that good.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

correct.....every team in the league has that same "depth problem"

u take Romo, Austin and Ware off the boyz and they have a "depth problem"

u take Manning, Wayne and Freeney away and the Colts have a "depth problem"

1 person likes this.
  4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

To put it in further perspective: the Vikings, who are definitely considered to be a contender in the NFC, had a major "depth problem" in their secondary after they had multiple starters get injured. That didn't seem to prevent them from playing well defensively last night against the most prolific aerial attack in the league. On the other hand, they also had a major "depth problem" because their #1 wide receiver is out for a couple of months.

Every team has major dropoffs from their starters to their backups. You take Peyton Manning off the Colts and they're done for. In past years (perhaps they're a lot better now), you removed Bob Sanders from their defense and they became as soft as melting butter. No matter where you go, you can always make the same argument.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

No kidding. But how the team performs when there is an injury shows just how good the team is. Which, unlike baseball(performances are compartmentalized) or basketball(very few players), is actually the driving factor to winning here.

Considering the Colts are even in our division, I'm not sure why Texans fans can't see this. Bob Sanders, who was 2 time all-pro, not just pro-bowl missed the past two seasons and the Colts haven't skipped much of a beat. Dwight Freeney once missed half a season, and the Colts won 13 games.

Good teams can overcome injuries to just about any position other than the QB. I did make the distinction that if Schaub goes down for the season, then there's nothing you can do. But if you have good management, you should be able to replace just about anyone else and not suck too much.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the Patriots got to 11-5 with Brady out in week 1, Thats a good fotball team, and thats why maybe Cassel was overrated at the end of that season.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

1 down, need 9 more for the playoffs

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I feeling better and better about the Texans schedule. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Jets are looking like teams we can beat.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm feeling better about it, too. I have us at 16 wins now. :cool:

10. right1

right1 Member

Yeah, I just can't foresee the Texans losing a game all season. 16-0. Arian Foster rushes for 3,000 yards. ;)

11. MadMax

Bernard Pollard wins DPOY

HOUSTON Texans win Super Bowl in Dallas

Jesus returns to set things right.

12. right1

right1 Member

AMEN! Preach it Brutha!!!

13. MadMax

Have you all stopped to think about just how amazing this would be? Seriously?

I mean...all the Dallas pride about hosting the Super Bowl would be out in full force.

And then the team from HOUSTON comes, lifts it leg and proceeds to mark Cowboy Stadium as its territory with metaphorical urine through a Super Bowl win??

I get the shivers when I think of that. The email onslaught to my friends in Dallas would be monumental.

2 people like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think that 1st game got alot of people hoping.
    then next few weeks would have alot of people BELEIVING!

and yes. . . it would definately be ridiculous in Dallas.
    I will be there [maybe not the game but the city]
    and . . . I would definately be HOUSTON PROUD

Rocket River

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

With a crushing ground game
    the drop off after Schaub is still significant but
    could be minimized

Rocket River

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I had them at 5-1 before the bye.

So far, so good :)

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Looking good :grin:

Despite a tough schedule in it's our favor, we play the weak Raiders on the road then tough games against the Giants and surprising Chiefs are at home. Then the bye to prepare for the Colts in Indy.

Gotta beat those Boys next week! Keep the streak alive!!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

damn that schedule after the bye week is brutal

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've never been more happy to be WRONG in my life.

Well, besides that time in college when I thought my girlfriend was pregnant, but you get the point...

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Looking great so far, aside from the concerns in the secondary. With Jackson and Pollard almost acting as additional LBs, we need a better ballhawk than Wilson.

8 - 6 the rest of the way gets us the playoffs. Imperative that we don't let all the media blowjobs go to our head. Every week, you have to play harder than before because each win means that the next team takes you more seriously.

Play 4 quarters of focused ball against Dallas and Oakland, and we sweep the suspension. Getting Cushing back with fresh legs will be a great boost. I'd be very hopeful that we can get to the bye 5-1.

Still HATE that stretch after the bye. Thankfully, IND, NYJ, and BAL all look shaky at the moment and TEN and PHI are both dealing with big QB issues. Snatch 2 wins out of there, and we get to the magical 10.