1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Win, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, hopefully he makes his presence known a bit more in game 2

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I honestly have no idea, but it's possible they are having him play run only while they test the other guys as potential pass rushers.

3. Buck Turgidson

I thought Simon looked good.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was all over the place, it was a really good look for him.

5. justtxyank

He definitely looked better than he did during the season last year.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Here's my take:

It was the first preseason game. You had three of the starting OL out and you kept things extremely vanilla. At this point in time Brock's most impressive trait is that he's tall. Did not see any of the so-called new speed that was added in the offseason but they didn't run plays to exploit it so meh. The tackling was atrocious across the board and it wasn't as if they were up against an NFL powerhouse team. In fact, the entire team simply did not look ready to play. The linebackers were simply awful. Ditto for the OL. Savage did a good job going up against 2nd and 3rd string players. It's way too early to start calling for Savage to be the starter unless you're giving up on the season. We'll see what occurs in preseason game #2.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

All I saw was a preseason game numero uno. They all look pretty similar.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree but from all of the gleeping going on up here in Dallas, you'd think that the league just engraved the Cows' name on the Lombardi trophy...

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I think perhaps having three starting OL out and it being the first game, they wanted Brock to just go with the first read and avoid getting hit

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's very likely, I mean they did lose Savage last year during preseason, I doubt they wanted to take any chances at all.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Agreed.

They knew the 49ers would bring the blitz often, so they went ultra vanilla, keeping this very simplistic for Brock.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I thought Thad Lewis looked pretty good, but apparently he tore his ACL. I didn't see that happen. Talk about quarterback woes.. Here we are debating Brock or Savage and they are sitting at Gabbert or injured Kaepernick....

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, hate to see season ending injuries in the first preseason game like that. Honestly Thad Lewis might be the Niners best QB.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What happened to Muhammad or wtv his name was?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's a free agent.

He was put on injured reserve last year then reached a settlement with the Texans so he could sign elsewhere (Saints I think)

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes, of course the media has been blasting Brock but I watched a replay and didn't think it looked all that bad. Yeah it wasn't clean but I think he made decent reads and I am not really worried at all in the first preseason game which is essentially a walkthrough. The 3rd preseason game I'd like to see some more positive drives but even then I won't be too worried. Do not peruse comment sections of national articles about the Texans. You will only get hate about Brock. The butthurt is strong in this country. I don't even think it is Broncos fans anymore, just people that see a rich, boring, white 6' 7" QB with a hot wife and automatically hate him. Pretty sad actually. Prove 'em wrong Brock!

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mike Mohamed, I'm pretty sure he's out of the league. The Texans put him on IR last year and he got pissed off and asked for a release, they gave it to him and he was picked up by the Saints for one week and then cut. I don't think he's found a job since then.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Getting to play the Saints this next preseason game should make him look really good.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He died around June 632 ce.

20. justtxyank

John Harris says Osweiler and the offense looked great in joint practice and everything is ok.