1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans leaning towards bortles or manziel

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by roxon, Feb 4, 2014.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just talk for now.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Trying to make Cleveland sweat a little bit?

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yes texans have made a decisions for the #1 pick without waiting for combine or pro day results!!!!!!!!!!

4. cdain3

cdain3 Member

5. conquistador#11

smoke grenades. use them wisely,

6. awc713

awc713 Member

so...the opening paragraph is:

Draft information this time of year, particularly when it comes to quarterbacks, must be taken with a massive dose of suspicion. After all, a year ago, some folks were talking about Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and even Ryan Nassib as top-10 picks. (And you thought we forgot.)

I stopped reading after that.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

2006 all over again.

8. xAliceInChains

I think its pretty clear we are drafting JM. I know a hunch from some random fan means absolutely nothing I just have a bad feeling about him.

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I am thinking the complete opposite actually

It will be between Bridgewater/Clowney

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think the only way the Texans don't get Clowney is if O'Brien LOVES one of these top 3 QBs, because good QB developmental coaches often times look for potential and feel like they know how to extract that (see Tebow / McDaniels).

I think the Texans are looking to move down for Clowney, then get whatever QB O'Brien wants to develop, whether than is some team's back up or a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Best way to use them is to not use them at all...just seem as vague as possible. Texans already have a need at QB, so they should just let that be the bait.

Texans have been way too obvious with all these hints that they are going to take a QB. Seems like they are trying to tell teams "We're taking a QB! Don't know which one! Could be anyone! Could be that guy...you know...that guy!?"

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

They are playing games with the Browns.

Reports have come up that the Browns want Bortles/Manziel, what else is better but to great a false ***** storm over two qbs who in all honesty are not 1st round grade material and still fleece the Browns for their 4th and 26th pick. Barring the unforeseen you still can get Clowney or Bridgewater. The Jags most likely will get Bridgewater, we could have Clowney and still end up with a 26th pick on a qb that BOB values down the road.

The caveat would be if the Browns are creating their own false *****storm in order to force Bridgewater/Clowney's stock down and essentially play the same game.

Big time game being played here that is for sure.

13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

My only issue is that, Do we risk hand over a guy like Bridgewater to the Jags????

Especially if he proves capable of hitting deep routes with consistent upper tier velocity??? Ala Aaron Rodgers

14. Remii

Remii Member

Seeing how Cleveland brought in Shanahan Jr. as the OC _ I think they are serious about Johnny. The system he runs is perfect for Johnny.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

This. Anyone who believes this trash has an agenda.

16. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You can run the same thing with Bortles

And we all saw how RG3 turned out long term

17. Remii

Remii Member

RG3 has only been in the NFL for 2 years with one great year and one bad year... So too early to tell how he will turn out long term.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Not really. In 2006 we had some rabid VY fans holding the team and the city hostage and threatening to no longer support the team if they didn't draft the guy who was going to revolutionize the QB position simply because he was a Longhorn.

I don't see Houston based Aggies doing the same with Manziel.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Anti JFF Jimmies hustled. Every report that the Texans like Manziel is met with "smoke screen", "Hoodie tactics" but every hint of coaching staff has proven to be legit.

Can't wait for the Combine.