1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans Draft Pick Order Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Summer Song Giver

And that my friend is why we have Okoye and Jackson instead, give me Willis instead of Diles and I'll guarantee we are out of the cellar on defense.

2. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Willis is a MLB and his draft grade was highly based on him being a MLB! I think everybody forgets how highly touted Okoye was coming out in 2007. If you look at the 2007 draft, Marshawn Lynch would have made the most sense for what we needed at the time!

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Oddly enough ESPN insider had Kareem Jackson rated fairly high.

Joe Haden 93
    Kareem Jackson 93
    Kyle Wilson 92
    Devin McCourty 90
    Patrick Robinson 85

Scouting Report on Kareem Jackson: (I want my ESPN insider money back)

4. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

I guess if Fred Bennet can look like a star year 1 then fall of the planet, then maybe Jackson can go from goat to hero! You got to imagine he will be better next year. Maybe Phillips will put him in nickel situations and let him cover the slot receiver. Less double moves coming from the slot and maybe a year of that can give him more confidence!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Guys I'm keeping my eye on:

Nick Fairly (DT) - Gotta sure up the DL for the defense to improve as a whole. Amobi and Cody aren't cutting it. Fairly is big and can move.

Marcell Dareus (DE/DT) - See above. Interesting prospect if we move to 3-4.

Prince Amukamara (CB) - Don't really wanna spend another 1st on a CB but Prince would be a big upgrade over both Quin and Jackson. Would love Peterson but he's a Top 5 lock IMO.

Von Miller (OLB) - Excellent pass rusher that would be a nice weapon in a 3-4. Possible trade down scenario.

Aaron Williams (CB) - Prospect with elite CB potential. Has all the physical tools you want and can cover. Also read he could also play S at the next level and would be an upgrade over anyone we have back there.

6. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Farily and Amukamara will be gone thanks to the "win" against Jax.

Plenty of solid, 1st rd level CB in this draft, though. Williams definitely one of them. I could see them going with Dareus and looking for one of the top 5 CB to drop to the 2nd rd if lucky.