1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Dubious, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's right about where we'd be if we had drafted a bust QB like Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel. Picking up a QB is almost always a roll of the dice be it in FA or in the draft.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Oh, I don't think so. By season's end (assuming health), he'll have 23 career starts under his belt - if they don't know by then (and, frankly, they should know *much* sooner - by midseason, at the latest), this whole regime should be ****canned.

It's his 5th year in the league - other than adjusting to new teammates/system, he should be basically be a "finished" product by the time he takes his first snap in the regular season.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Starting RB is new to the system. Two new offensive lineman at least. Two rookie receivers. First time being the absolute starter. Yeah, I can see the excuses coming in already.

4. Hey Now!

Oh, I think there'll be a giant adjustment period and the team could struggle initially. But we should be able to see through that and have a decent idea of what we have with BO much sooner.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It will depend on what the struggles are.

If is making the wrong reads that's one thing.

If he's wildly inaccurate, holding the ball too long, can't hit open guys on the deep ball...yikes.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/10/brock-osweiler-we-had-a-very-exciting-draft/

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Was it against a professional team? And does that mean other quarterback stats are inflated because they played against those same bad teams?

8. Hey Now!

I don't know this for a fact - I'm merely putting 1 and 1 together and drawing a fairly specious conclusion - but I get the sense bobby doesn't like Brian Hoyer. It's more of a gut feeling.

BTW, here's my gut:
    [​IMG]

9. Buck Turgidson

That matters no matter what QB they draft of sign or whatever? Right?

If sh@t goes wrong, sh@t will go wrong. I totally agree. But you have to take a shot sometime, right?

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

But he loves Ryan Mallet and thinks we screwed up big time by cutting him. It's just weird at this point

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only professional teams bad enough to make Hoyer look like a competent QB were the Titans, Jags, and Saints and last year they were just barely professional teams given that they had the 27th, 31st, and 32nd worst defenses in the NFL

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man ESPN is hating, but what's new?

They've ranked is 17th in their post-draft rankings.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, by Vegas super bowl odds we're also 17th

Drafts don't make much of a difference the first year

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That's the Steph Curry network. Their rating is useless. With the weapons the Texans have anything less than 10 wins is a huge disappointment

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Even if you give them 4 wins in the division and then give them Lions, Chargers, Bears, and Raiders. That is eight. How surprised would we be if they lost to the Broncos (defending champs), vikings (improved playoff team), KC (another improving playoff team that the Texans struggle with), GreenBay (Aaron Rodgers), Patriots ( possible but it is still the Patriots). I'm not calling it and I am expecting better but all those losses are against good teams. Im not apauled by that prediction.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Broncos have no QB, the Vikings have no QB, and the Pats won't have Brady.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

How many tds would he have to throw for you to say he's a good qb? 70? Oh and please don't put that loser Johnny In the same sentence as Teddy B.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he threw one a game over the course of a 16 game season it would be a career year....the worst kind of QB bust is the busts that people convince themselves that they aren't busts. Same happened for Mark Sanchez.

Even if "some" can't see it, nearly the Vikings' entire offense is AD. They have a very solid defense, but if AD isn't dominating, they aren't scoring.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

And the Texans hope they have a QB.

And if we are going strictly on the QBs then the Raiders game is a loss and so is Jacksonville.

20. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

They don't think much of Os as a quarterback, they believe everything put out there that says Fuller is a bad pass catcher and the Braxton Miller is nothing more than a quarterback that wants to be a wide receiver.

They have no faith in what the Texans plan was during free agency and the draft.

I happen to think we had a great off season and many "experts" will be eating their words when all is said and done.

Texans need to prove them wrong on the field.