1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans 2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Next year is a better year to do that.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Damn, wish we would have just taken Swope instead of getting an extra 6th. I think Swope is going to be a player.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I read a few draft grades, and everyone gave the Texans an A. The praise on the first two picks was universal.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He fell because his medical staff disclosed seven concussions in college. People aren't messing around now when it comes to this. Look at what happened to Austin Collie's career.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Man! I knew something was up. Seven!? That's crazy. He may want to seriously rethink his future.

6. 45souf

45souf Member

Texans need to get to working with these WR's. If 1 or 2 stand out, we can be deadly. I miss football...:(

7. Progs

Progs Member

Losing Glover Quin and Connor Barwin should net us around 2 4th rd's if they keep playing like they did in Houston next year and then Houston will definetely draft thier future Qb in a heavy laden anbd talented 2014 NFL draft... Here are some pontential names that can be in next year's NFl Draft... As far as the 2013 NFl qb class it is very weak just like the 2013 Nba Draft...

Tahj Boyd
    Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    David Fales
    Logan Thomas
    Aj McCarron
    Zach Mettenberger
    Aaaron Murray
    Derek Carr
    Keith Price

Are only a few names that can come out next year... Johnny Football has said if he has a big year he will come out and enter the Draft in 2014...

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Woo Derek Carr!!

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Anyone care to post kipers grades in espn insider?

10. 45souf

45souf Member

Ask and you shall receive

Houston Texans

Top needs: WR, RT, LB, NT, FB

Summary: I thought the Texans would go with DeAndre Hopkins at No. 27, and they did. Andre Johnson will be 32 in Week 1 of this season, and soaked up an absurd 58 percent of their wide receiver targets in 2012. Hopkins gives them a legit No. 2 while they wait for DeVier Posey to come back healthy. That selection checked off what I considered the No. 1 need. Ed Reed is now at safety, but he's not the same player he was five years ago, and they need depth. D.J. Swearinger can play right away, and knows how to take angles and deliver hits. He'll just need to learn how to play by Roger Goodell's rules. Brennan Williams could develop for them at right tackle but was a little of a reach. Trevardo Williams was a steal for me. Wade Phillips can get him on the field because Williams can rush the passer and was hugely productive. David Quessenberry was a pretty good value at No. 176; he could develop and at least has the ceiling of a starter. Sam Montgomery has some makeup questions, but he plays with a high motor and could turn into a really good value. I'm not sure he has the size to hold up as a 3-4 DE, but Phillips could develop him. Keep an eye on Alan Bonner, who could make the team as a return man. That's what put him on the radar of teams. I think the Texans did pretty well overall.

1 person likes this.
  11. 45souf

45souf Member

He gave us a B for Value, B for need, and a B for overall grade

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

We signed Ed Reed. Doesn't that hurt our comp chances?

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably cancels losing GQ and I doubt the loss of Barwin brings much, if anything at all.

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Here's the QB class for 2014, these are only next years seniors/ red shirt seniors

15. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

ಠ_ಠ

16. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Love the Ray graham pick up!! Guarantee he makes it, if not this year he will be on our 53 man roster next year.

17. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

Texans are loaded. Barring injuries and end game miracles by the opposing team, a new coaching staff should be priority one next yr. if games like NE and GB are played.

18. conquistador#11

we just got to avoid the pats and we're good to go! see you at the afc championship yawl.

19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Broncos > Pats for sure, but Pats are good. Watch Boyce step in really well to that #2 WR and I think Blount will be a solid RB for them too, they did well this weekend.

20. MystikArkitect

Athletic linebackers and a dominant pass rush give Brady (and Flacco) fits. Texans had neither of these when we played and failed miserably. We'll be fine next year against them so long as Cush and Reed are in the middle.