1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans 2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Jan 15, 2013.

1. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Schaub has a career 91.9 qb rating, 120 td to 70 int, and a 64 percent completion percentage. Schaub has been a good qb most of the time he's been a Texan. Will he ever be really good again after the lisfranc? I do not know.

2. Nextup

Nextup Member

Teo needs to work harder. He looked a little soft at the combine. He's only 22 years old no reason why he can't be in tip top shape.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I want EJ MANUEL

4. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Can he? I'm not going to blame Kubiak for the Orlovsky's and Rosenfels' of the world, but there are really only 2 QB's that have had a chance to develop under Kubiak, starting relatively early in their careers. Schaub and Brian Griese in Denver. Schaub's not elite, but he still turned out pretty good. But that's not enough evidence for me to automatically go along with the common thought that Kubiak is great at developing QBs.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He was good the first 75% of the year (people seem to forget that) so I'm not going to blame the last 4 games + playoffs specifically on the lisfranc injury, though there might have been other ailments not made public. So yes, based on the first 12 games, I do think it's possible he can be good again, as long as what happened after that gets diagnoses and taken care of.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Walter Football's latest:
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

Additional Blurb

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

I don't see us drafting a tight end that high. I do not see us passing up a nose tackle in this draft though.

This draft is critical for the success of the Texans for the upcoming season. Of course, drafts are always important for the future, but for a team that is suppose to be contenders, we have way too many holes. Hopefully at least two of our rookies can be major contributors to the team, because we do not have any more cap space to sign any significant free agent.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>S Jonathan Cyprien will visit 11 teams:Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, Texans.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/317004028791881728">March 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be a little surprised with a TE that early but I certainly wouldn't be opposed if he were a playmaker, although i don't see Reed as being that type.

I agree with most the other pick in terms of position. I think at least 2 LBs are taken.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If we are going to draft a TE that early, it would be Tyler Eifert...and it would in the first round...The Texans have more pressing needs, however, with that being said...6 6 250 TE will only be on the team if the Texans arent able to get any of their intial round targets...Once again, i do believe the Texans go WR first, but if their guy isnt there, they will take the best available...Eifert wouldnt be a bad option

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Walter Football has the same (2) 3rd rounders that I have from the mock draft thread.

Swope isn't going to happen in the 4th I know but if we could possibly get Allen, Bostic, Rambo, and Honey Badger in the first 3/4 rounds, AWESOME!!!

1st - Keenan Allen - WR Cal. Only because Hopkins will be gone, if not go Hopkins who has better speed. Both are WR1 for the future.

2nd - John Jenkins - DT GA. Prefer Jesse Williams but I don't think he is here. Both fill in for Cody's departure.

3rd - Jon Bostic - ILB FL. Would love Minter but he'll be long gone.

3rd* - Bacarri Rambo - S GA. Perfect guy for Reed to groom. Ball-hawk is an understatement with this guy.

4th - Ryan Swope - WR TAM. Smaller than Walter but still a good WR2/3 option and we know Kubes loves his aggies... Longshot, don't think he will fall.

5th - Honey Badger - CB/S LSU. Probably will drop and would be a steal based on talent.

6th - Brandon Moore - DT UT. Basically a one year player (juco guy) but great numbers. Could be a home-run pick this late.

6th* - Kyle Juszczyk - FB Harvard. Good blocker and great hands. Plus you've got to draft a Harvard guy.

7th - Joseph Fauria - TE UCLA. Got the pedigree (Christian Fauria's nephew) and scores TDs.

13. 45souf

45souf Member

I love draft time...

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Tyron mathieu looked very good...he might be gone by the time we pick in the third...hopefully we get him in the 2nd

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hope we use one of our third round picks on him.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah I really don't see him lasting to the 3rd. There is going to be at least 1 team that wants to take him and jumps on him in the 2nd.

If the Texans like him enough to use a 3rd on him, I hope they take him at the end of the 2nd unless they have a higher rated player still on the board at WR or DT. He would be a playmaker for us and we need that.

17. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

1st (27th) - ILB
    2nd (57th) - WR
    3rd (89th) - S
    4th (124th) - RT
    5th (160th) - TE
    6+ - who cares

Texans only have about a million in cap room left (minus the money allotted to the draft picks). If they can sign a DT that can at least split duty with Earl Mitchell, then I think we'll be in good shape to address our needs in the draft.

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I have to beloeve they will draft a WR or TE in the 1st Round... Theres just no way
    They dont give Shaub legimate threats to work with..

I just think Another 2nd Rd WR or later wont cut it... It has to be an immediate starter

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

It's possible, depending on their player grades, and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it. Productive WRs can be had later in the draft moreso than productive ILBs, though. Also, Bradie James was probably our worst player on defense last year (if not one of the worst LBs in the entire league). Him starting is simply not an option. I'm far more comfortable with the thought of LeStar Jean or Keshawn Martin at WR2, or rolling the dice on the possibility of Posey's achilles tear being minor, than I am with starting Bradie James again. Schaub has 3 fantastic threats to work with. That should be enough to make the offense go. What he does not have is a creative playcaller at HC or an above average rightside OL.

20. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Ya your right on Bradie James.. Good Thing hes a free agent and dont think will bring him back.... Making the Texans obligated to draft or sign a veteran... Brian Urlacher (Dreaminig) Will see it should be fun offseason that has just started...