1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans 2011 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bluffkin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

the thing is there is no one other pass rusher the texans can depend on and getting Quinn would be awesome but im really hoping we trade up for Von Miller because man this guy is good.

Also excited about Connor Barwin and how effective he can be in the 3-4 defense.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

From Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 3.0(today):

11. Houston - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Watt would be a decent pick, in my opinion. I've been throwing his name out there for a while. After watching him play a few times this past year, I think he could help us out. He has a motor that just doesn't stop, and he's quick and strong, to boot.

I think the Texans would be better off finding a rush OLB with the first round pick, where I prefer Robert Quinn. In the second round, I think we have a good shot at Stephen Paea. His knee injury is the only thing holding him back, and that is minor, I think. I also like Muhammed Wilkerson from Temple and Corey Liuget from Illinois (who I don't think will be available).

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From Lance Z's Mock Draft 2.0

11. Houston - Justin Houston, OLB/DE, Georgia

Don Banks Si.com

11. Houston - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

#104 desihooper, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I've been watching the nfl network when some of the guys like Charlie Cas. do their mock draft. which they only do top 10 which sucks, they tend to leave out Prince of the top 10 and put Quinn way on top of their draft board. Hopefully thats comes true but I doubt it. I'll be shocked if they reach for Houston. Knowing Rick Smith, he would do something stupid like that.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chad Reuter of CBS Sports has Texans selecting Prince Amukamara and Rahim Moore in his 2 round mock.

<TABLE class=data width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=special class=label><TD class=subtitle colSpan=2 align=left>11. Houston Texans</TD></TR><TR class=row1 align=right><TD align=left>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=left>Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska: Team needs could push a talent like Prince into the Texans' lap.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=data width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=special class=label><TD class=subtitle colSpan=2 align=left>10. Houston Texans</TD></TR><TR class=row2 align=right><TD align=left>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=left>Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA: Has the range and ball skills to be the team's new centerfielder</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I would not be disapointed with that at all. I just have a feeling Kubiak and Wade are gonna draft Robert Quin.. I really want Prince though.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Quinn + Moore would be a hell-a-draft. I see mocks where Quinn is a top ten pick and Moore and a late first round pick.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I would take this in a heartbeat.

As long as 2 QBs go in the top 10 then 1 of Julio Jones, Prince, Quinn, should be available. Anyone of those three would make me happy.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't see them taking 2 DBs in a row. They have too many holes and they need all the talent they can get for the players Wade wants in his system. If Prince somehow slips to us, I can see them selecting him and reaching for a pass rusher in the 2nd round.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This is ideal for us imo.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

RealGM Mock Draft:

11. Houston Texans: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson.
    Questions about his knee are dogging his stock, but the defensively challeneged Texans will happily select a player that readily compares to Julius Peppers. A little birdie tells me they would take Julio Jones, but I can't see them ignoring the pathetic defense here.

42. Houston Texans: Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Another great scenario, dont see the Texans doing this because it addresses needs.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rob Rang and Chad Reuter of CBS Sports Mock Drafts:

Rang:
    Reuter(2 round --same as previously posted):

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

CBS Sports Mock Drafts:

Rob Rang:

Chad Reuter:

Pro Football Talk:

(Has the Texans passing on Amukamara, Bowers)

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would be very happy with Quinn and then R. Moore in the 2nd.

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

it would be weird to draft a 4-3 DE when a team is trying to switch to a 3-4 defence but if Bowers does fall he is the BPA unless if Prince and QAuinn are there i would love prince or Quinn

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Pro Football Talk is mentally challenged... Da'Quan Bowers is an absolute beast, and would likely be the #1 overall selection if not for red flags surrounding that knee. There's absolutely no way they pass on a talent like that for Ryan Kerrigan.

I like the idea of going Prince in RD 1, and Marvin Austin in RD 2.