1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The narratives about him having a "low IQ", him needing to be traded, or the foolishness surrounding Roosh to douche or Jackson from Locked On & other Rockets podcast, the Houston Sports Media ALL owe Jalen a collective I'm sorry. The kid is only 22 having his first kid, in a new system, yet guys shamelessly made every low point this season about him. Now with Sengun out, Jalen's looking like a SUPERSTAR & the team looks better than ever. Even had quite a few IDIOT posters calling Jalen a bust & calling on Stone to be fired.

Should all these ppl collectively apologize to Jalen Green now or later?

FLASH21, Verbal Christ, Bo6 and 14 others like this.
  2. kpdark

kpdark Member

they need to

roll on the floor---burning with their takes ;)

Fulgore and roslolian like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No they don't. He was terrible so he got killed by the media for it. Then he turned it around, so he won't get killed anymore. That's how sports work.

bloodwings19, B-Bob, ArtV and 31 others like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly, when you play poorly people report that you are playing poorly--that's called being truthful

The only people who owe Jalen an apology are anybody who attacked him for who he was dating, painting his fingernails, dumb joke videos, etc.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He played awful they said he did, the end lol Now the trade stuff was always stupid but him getting crap for regressing in his 3rd year was legit.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah the people here were blaming him for losses when it wasn't even his fault and a lot of posters were hate watching. He was getting killed even when he wasn't the one who caused the loss. Even when Green was playing bad he doesn't deserve to be out of the league or playing in China yet posters here kept saying that and even said Corey Brewer was his ceiling.

Media like Bill Simmons were hating on him even on his first year for being on a losing team but now they are sucking off Wemby on a 15 win team.

A lot of people def owe Green an apology whether they admit it or not.

highpost1388, topfive, jdhi and 5 others like this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

IT WAS HIS FAULT. He took so many shots AND COULDNT SHOOT and was playing awful and every stat said if he played better we would be a playoff team. Guess what he is playing better and ****ing look at us. Stop trying to rewrite the past because he is playing well now.

Sonicbun8 and kspires999 like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People praying for Jalen's downfall. He really has to continue what he is doing because they are ready to pounce. dude is so confident now. This the rookie year summer league Aura from Jalen.

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don’t care about people who said he was playing poorly. He was. I don’t like people like @Downtown Sniper and his ilk, who were overly harsh and claimed a 22 year old can’t improve.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nah he was just really bad, but now he's really good. Gotta call it what it is.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You could say that for everyone on the slump. Blaming him for all the losses just makes you a clown.

I have no problem with people complaining about Green playing bad my issue is people were blaming him for all the losses like he was only one playing bad. Even on games where he played well because the Rox lost people were saying it's his fault.

Zen Tabak, topfive, RCPM and 3 others like this.
  12. kpdark

kpdark Member

people too impatient....and Jalen is just starting to progress...he's yet to reach his maximum potential
    [edit]
    under Ime and his staff---JG is a talent they will make sure to commit in developing to his maximum potential

#12 kpdark, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Ancient Moabite likes this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Jalen owes them same folks a thank you card..

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

He is playing vastly, ridiculously better since the tail end of February. Looks like a completely different player. But he was a significant drag on the team in the majority of his games the rest of the season before that point. All the statistics are in alignment there, whether you want to talk about efficiency, +/-, volume of box score stats versus the average for starters at his position, and so on.

Call a spade a spade.

So happy he is playing better and I hope and pray he can keep it up.

15. StroudAndYorDaddy

Magnetball

houston top of a market to continue losing like this

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So, when Ime would bench him at the end of games was he blaming him when it wasn't his fault?

Look, I don't want to argue because I WANT JALEN TO SUCCEED AND I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR HIM.

B-Bob and Joe Rocket like this.
  17. IVFL

IVFL Member

Stop it, this is beyond idiotic.

better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth, or keyboard, and remove all doubt.

you have removed all doubt.

cbass and majicdonjuan like this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I said this before, but do y’all realize that Jalen is younger than some top 30 prospects in the upcoming draft? The narrative around him was absurd.

Arnel, AKVerse47, Y2JT and 6 others like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? Ime never said Jalen needs to play in China and he also never hyperfixated on Jalen and would blame him for all the losses. Ime was more than fair to Jalen he would keep starting him and bench him if he played badly. If that was how CF treated Jalen there would be no problem because he indeed was bad most of the times.

I agree with you Jalen played terribly at times but even when he was doing well or clearly wasn't the culprit for the loss people would still crap on him. Like I remember one of the losses it was clearly Cam Whitmore who lost us the game missing all his shots and playing bad D but because Jalen had 1 turnover in the 4rth people started saying he caused the loss. There's lots of situations like that Jalen was the scapegoat even when it wasn't his fault.

There were times he was the best performer or one of the best performers but because Rox lost he was still blamed. It's all documented in the game threads.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Downtown Sniper is also a ****ing moron.