1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets move toward formal offer to Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 19, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

shame is Morey's decisions won't matter in the near future

he is regarded as a puppet and that senile puppet master is taking over major decisions

that is a major piss off

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Exactly, which is why I'll happily choose to spend my $$ elsewhere.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

JVG gets hired, Beard's PPG drops to 23-24, and everyone's magically happy!

4. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

So pissed I renewed my season tickets for next year. :(

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is 100% Les. He has had a hard on to remake the Suns roster from years passed. But yeah, throw the Morey shade you freaking idiots.

6. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Man, you got a serious hard-on for Morey. We really don't know even if he has a say, or if its Les.

As for MDA, we can do so much better... so disappointed.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm still going to watch a ton of Rockets games but this will be another chip in moving my fandom away. Left Houston for Austin in 2011. Slowly started rooting for Spurs as 2nd favorite team - I mean it's smart good basketball. But still Rockets first.

But at some point....

Dumb decisions are just not watchable.

I'm sure they'll suck me back in fully somehow. It's just so frustrating

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no, I get that--and I saw your preface to set aside D'Antoni's hiring for the moment. But then this becomes an entirely different argument/issue than the one consuming CF for the past 24 hours. One that was here 48 hours ago, if not all season long. And one that the the Harden nuthuggers haven't yet faced up to.

Because if you're right--and I suspect you might be right--then why would the Rockets not just throw in the towel on the Harden Era and trade him now, and invest 100% and with full commitment into Team Tank? I don't see the "real" Rockets fans making those arguments.

My only hope with this hire and with the next two years is that, if Harden truly has 'blessed' the D'Antoni hire, based in part upon his prior experience with MDA on Team USA, that Harden doubles down on his effort and helps make the whole thing work. The best thing that can happen in my mind is a move away from the Harden ISO (and yes yes yes I know he doesn't ISO as much as critics think he does, but it's still probably too much from a team ball perspective) toward a D'Antoni-like style of offense. That can only be a good thing. The defense? well let's hope they hire somebody good to help with that.

Anyway. I don't think the Rockets are a losing case for the next couple of years. I'm still on Team Morey enough to say I still have faith in his ability to pull some rabbits out of the hat, just look at Beasley. In Morey we trust. So, I vote to just wait and see.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Dude, just go.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You can absolutely cancel those. They can't (and won't) hold your money. It would be a PR disaster if they forcibly held fans' money against their will.

11. Lightsnowaction

Just don't have your expectations too high. Playoffs might a good start or 9th seed.

12. gambingo

gambingo Member

Now....we just need to find a good defensive assistant coach

13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

14th pick for the next 5 years. #Pursuit of the 8th seed. Thanks Les! I'll just rewatch Clutch City until you sell the team.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So in the eyes of the owner of Rockets

Defense = S.H.I.T ???

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

at least I got another figure to hate on (Lookin at you, Mikey)

that Michelango is not going to paint a nice picture

I can see him do well for couple of games early on and totally fail at the end

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

"You gotta stay positive"-Dwight Howard

17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Morey should resign at once. He will land a better job one that values his input.

18. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We're gonna need JJ Watt as our top defensive assistant

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Les Alexander is acting like Dan Snyder, the owner of the Redskins. Snyder used to call the shots until the arrival of Scot "Mcloving", a highly regarded football man who helped build the Seahawks and the 49'ers. Scott has brought some respect back to the organization with the last two drafts and some free agency moves. Dude just knows how to build a team.

We are not going anywhere fast until Les stops interfering with the organization's day to day activities.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

With this current team, even if you add Horford or whoever, the Rockets were unlikely to contend anytime soon, no matter if the coach was D'Antoni or JVG. So all I wanted was someone who could get the team to play like they cared, and someone I could root for.

I think D'Antoni will get the team to play better than how people are reacting right now. But I would 100 times rather root for a JVG, especially if the team isn't going anywhere either way.