1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets move toward formal offer to Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 19, 2016.

1. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Rockets is just dumb

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Some weird posts on this last page

1 person likes this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I will laugh so hard when he does a great job!

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just got caught up on this thread. Here are my thoughts.

Rockets be like:

"Our number one problem is defense you say? I'VE GOT IT! Let's hire one of the worst defensive coaches in the history of the NBA! That's what I like to call 'thinking outside the box'."

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt. In today's media market, he's lucky to have a gig at a newspaper covering a major sports team. Having said that, he's dancing around a story instead of digging, looking for the truth, and then actually reporting on it which should be his job.

6. PeppermintCandy

It sounds like it could be D'Antoni with this Stephen Silas guy as the top assistant. I don't know much about Silas but his dad was a solid defensive-minded coach IIRC.

It very might well work out great, and of course as a fan I hope it does.

What concerns me is the possibility that Les Alexander is making basketball decisions that override the GM's plans for the team. Every time a coaching change took place, the rumors were about the conflict between the coach and Alexander. JVG, Adelman, McHale, and now JVG again.

Of course as the guy who has the money and the ownership, he can do whatever he wants with his team, but this kind of situation, if the reports are true, doesn't seem to work out well. Let the experts and professionals do their job, I say.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

so true.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So now we are trusting and protecting Morey's ideas and plans? Doesn't everybody want Morey's head on this board?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey at least is a pro

Les isn't professional, at least other owners acknowledge that

He acts like he is an all NBA pro just because he got money and a good seat during games

and a seat at the table of negotiations, an office and so on but he still aint no pro

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think if you are not going to trust Morey then find someone you do trust. As much as I like Morey his being here does no good if he can't follow his plan.

11. PeppermintCandy

If D'Antoni is really Alexander's guy as reported, this will only work if Morey's truly on board with the D'Antoni selection. If not, and if Alexander still insists on D'Antoni, then he should get himself a GM who can get behind his wishes.

12. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I'm not sure about the Knicks situation, but his 1st year(40-32) with the Lakers was a cluster F*** because there was fighting within the Buss family about who to hire. Dwight and Kobe didn't get along/had different goals on the court. We know there was trouble from the beginning when Mike Brown was fired after a (1-4) start after a (41-25) record the previous season. Does this sound familiar?

Laker fans blamed D'Antoni for running Dwight out of L.A. but with hindsight many fans blame D12 instead because BScott was such a bad coach and Dwight proved D'Antoni was right for not giving him more post touches.

The next season was horrible (27-55) because they lost Dwight for nothing and it was an injury riddled season with Kobe and Nash only playing 490 minutes total. Even with Pau it was a horrible team without Kobe & Nash and other players who missed major minutes.

Knowing what we know now about Dwight do you see why Feigen said he didn't understand the hate?

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Morey's plan clearly failed. Doesn't DToni fit into his analytic crap btw?
    Les trying to show Morey to just deal with his job and not interfere with the ball?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It didn't work when he had Mike Woodson.

15. Possum

Possum Member

WTF? Did you smoke Crack before you wrote that? Lol.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

ESPN just reported that D'Antoni expected to be named the next Rockets coach:(

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

^^ On SportsCenter

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I can't wait to listen to sports talk in the morning

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What didn't work when he had Mike Woodson? The Knicks finished 5th in defensive rating that year.

20. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

It's going to happen. So be ready for it