1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets have 4 Draft Picks in a loaded 2012 NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Johnson2000, Dec 13, 2011.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

ONLY 5 FREAKY TEAMS WON A TITTLE IN THE LAST 10 FREAKY YEARS, GET FREAKY REAL, FREAKY FREAKY PPL.

1 person likes this.
  2. Summer Song Giver

duh i knew that momentary lapse of brilliance I guess

1 and 6 ain't bad I guess

:grin:

3. lalala902102001

This *is* the best year to tank. And given the Rockets' current roster it will not be difficult. Just get rid of Scola and KMart's contracts and you will have no problem losing 45 of the 66 games.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I agree and I hope things work out that way but I am concerned about trying to stay competitive for too long. It ruined the Astros.

6. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Correct me if wrong, but do we get a future 1st from Memphis Battier deal?

And also what prospects are likely to be targeted around the lottery, and later 1st, early 2nd?

I imagine we might get a 1st or 2 via trade at deadline, so maybe we have a shot at a top notch Center.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Trade Martin and Scola for picks.

The Texans are 10-3, Ya'll. The Astros have new ownership and hungry prospects waiting to prove themselves. It's only 66 games.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Memphis pick was involved in moving up for Motiejunas.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wish Minnesota had their own 2012 first-round draft pick still, then we could trade them Kevin Martin, but these morons gave it to the Clippers (unprotected, too, it seems).

11. Vnilla_Gorilla

I'm all for acquiring draft picks but I can tell you now that Les isnt going to let Morey go all out and tank. His directive is to stay competitive while trying to build a contender. Dont forget that this is a business and tanking will hurt Les at the gates, even if he is a billionaire, it matters.

And dont be so naive to think that teams are willing to trade top 5 picks so easily without getting a borderline All Star in the deal. Top 5 picks are a top commodity in this league.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clutch, let's play David Wesley and Juwan Howard extended minutes so we can win a few more games to help team morale! weeeeeeeee!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Van GUNDY !!!

GRRRRRR

DD

14. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

LOL love that last sentence. Would rep if I could. I completely agree. This is the only way out of mediocrity.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Troubled over this ...

On one hand, I feel like you have to be as competitive as possible to show your pride as an athlete, while always giving the fans some kind of hope.

On the other hand, I've been watching alot college football, this season, and I see alot of talent out there in 2012 NFL Draft, whole slew of college stars are supposed to be coming to NFL. More specifically, players, like Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Justin Blackmon, and RG III have a great chance of landing on some squads that are annually competitive. Let's come back to NBA, hmm, when I see this year's crop of college and international players it's the best in couple of years from what I've seen. When I see a team, like the Colts losing, which may be signs of things to come or simply a down year without Peyton Manning. It does make one wonder, since the Colts haven't missed the playoffs, since 2001.

If we do not win this season, it really wouldn't be a shock, no Yao Ming, beloved vets gone (Hayes, Battier, Brooks), and a load of young talent. While, the prospect of having top 12 draft pick and very good salary cap situation can work wonders for next year.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Do you guys think we could get Kevin Love as a restricted free agent?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nope....do you?