1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets assign Scott Machado and Terrence Jones to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sgl_carlos, Nov 30, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jones must have a double green light!! He finishes with 18pts, 19rbds, with 8-21 FG's.
    Machado finished with 12pts, 5rbds, 2assts, 2to's with 4-10 FG's.
    Vipers lose 102-95.:(

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Takes time
    Even D-leaguers need chemistry. Those aspects of his game matter!

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

A little bit disappointing that Machado has been below average in terms of assists, especially in a DLeague setting.

But early days yet. Court-vision does not disappear overnight.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They ain't no D-Mo.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Nice to get updates , South Texas basketball.....its fantastic!

6. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

This post just made my day.You are one hundred percent right.I just hope they eventually give him a chance before they throw him away in a trade.I don't know about the Anthony Davis thing but he was definitely the second most important person on that Kentucky team .Dude has serious skills and all this ignorant old school rookies shouldn't play sh$# is killing me.These are the same people that was playing when freshman where not allowed to play.Look at all the rookies thats getting off right now .Times have changed.Championships are won with almost all freshman starting.THIS IS 2012.They pull this crap and wonder why we can't attract free agents.We have a X Celtics coach.He needs to put his tight little green shorts on and stay where hes at.Maybe in a couple of more years we can hire Tim Duncan as our coach.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For the love of god, put spaces between your sentences!

8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

My bad. Im still heated they sent my dude down .

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am still astonished at the hubris of BB fans believing that they are better judges of talent than NBA coaching staffs.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

What in the heck is this

How does not playing rookies lead to not attracting free agents? Connect the 2 for us, please

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

NBATV Canada is showing RGV v. Bakersfield. There are about 12 fans...

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

Our rookies are trash. Even Lin was averaging a triple double in the D league.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because if you don't play your rookies, then the free agent veterans KNOW that there will be more playing time for them when they turn up.

Oh wait - that's in favour of attracting FA's.

I tried?

1 person likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This isn't college ball.

Nobody wins NBA championships playing all rookies. Just chill out and wait, T Jones will most likely get a shot in the back half of the season, they obviously think highly of him, which is why he's ALREADY got on the court.

At the moment, the main game is to find a second star, it might well be terrence jones, but why not make the most of Patterson and Morris' hot hands and get a pick for them before turning the team over to the younger guys?

15. just a word

just a word Member

Actually, I'm not really concerned with Machado's Ast numbers in RGV because that has to do with team chemistry and teammates; what I'd really like to see him work on is his defense and his scoring... which he seems to be working at.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I meant the old school mantality is killing us getting F.A. Even communication with players is different.There has been more than one incident with multiple players. Kyle wanted out. The beard looked like someone killed his cat after the trade. Im not going to act like I know more than the coaches because I don't, but back in the day players wanted to be with us and now they don't. If I remember correctly Sam I AM did pretty damn well as a rookie. I just find it hard to believe that everybody else has rookies that log minutes but ours are not good enough.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Sam I Am also didn't sniff the rotation until the second half of his rookie year. Scottie Brooks was the primary backup to Kenny Smith during the first half of the 1993-94 season.

You know, the same way that guys like Landry, Brooks and Patterson had to wait (at least) half a season before they were truly ready.

Calm down and have at least a little patience. Thanks!

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The mistreatment of Sam Cassell really killed the Rockets chances of landing stars. I mean, whether a team gives playing time to rookies right away is what established Free Agents and elite players worry about when they choose where to go.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Calm down. Take some deep breaths. Get your feet under you. The sky is not falling. It is just the natural progression of rookies in the NBA. Rookies who were not chosen in the top 5 any way.

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Im a little bias when it comes to Jones and I have no choice but to be patient. Im gonna support whoever is out there.I just hope we keep him and he gets a fair shot.We are just so deep with forwards.