1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets all time, all overrated team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

RIP EDDIE GRIFFIN

2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Unclear question has this thread in confusion.

Overrated over course of career or just during time with rockets? (ie pippen or no pippen)

Overrated prior to arrival by rockets but then understood to not be worth contract? (ie Trevor Ariza Pt. 1)

Overrated by rockets fans during course of tenure? (ie Dmo)

Patience likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wasn't that for a big part because we traded some core role players for Barkley?

topfive likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Steve Francis

5. Know Your Role

Kenny was trash by that point. Horry was playing out of position and did not have a good 95-96. In fact never in his career did he play to the level he achieved in 93, 94, and 95. Sam was the real loss. The let Elie go, Herrera declined and left, Scottie Brooks left, and Maxwell quit and ran to the Sonics. Somehow they kept Bullard though.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Lin pg-because of his fans
    Shandon anderson -sg we paid a ton of money to pry him away from utah
    Sf-kevin martin
    Pf -mo taylor
    C-dmo

Know Your Role likes this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They hadn't won a game against the Sonics in like 3yrs and weren't beating the Sonics no way no how without trading for Barkley. They didn't realize that they lost their advantage vs the Jazz in the deal, but Cassell and Horry were about to get huge paydays and looking back now it was the right move. Horry would have been the most hated Rocket in history had he got that big payday here and proceeded to average 8 and 5 no matter how many big shots he hit during the title years. Cassell went on to have a good career, but you never know if that would have happened here.

hakeem94 and Know Your Role like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Battier, Chuck Hayes

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Wasn't Chuckwagon putting a big hurt on the Jazz and Malone though in that last series when he got injured and couldn't finish them out, though? Seemed to me he was keeping that series competitive before going out. That's my memory anyway -- didn't google it or anything...

Edit: Interesting -- just looked at the box scores. Looks like Malone was completely owning him. No idea where I got that "memory" from. Aging does mysterious and regrettable things to my brain I guess :D:(:eek:. Let this be a lesson to anyone who puts any stock in anything I claim to remember...

#29 burlesk, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    macho GRANDE, hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah bro Ryan Anerson is the first pick, the GOAT (literal), the LVP and the most overrated player on CF.

Name one other guy that averages 5 pts in the playoffs yet have legions of posters coming out of the woodwork to defend him? Pippen, Royce White etc. those guys don't have an active and loyal fanbase I'm totally expecting @DreamShook to retire his username and follow Anderson on the Suns board. Nashook incoming?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

PG: De'Anthony Melton
    SG: Donte Greene
    SF: KJ McDaniels
    PF: DMo
    C: Thomas Hamilton

Melton and Greene because this board loves nothing more than a Summer League player doing well, hoping that he would become a legit player on a championship contending team AS A ROOKIE. The sob stories heard all through the GARM when Greene was traded away still haunts the search bar to this day.

KJ because he looked the part but McHale AND D'Antoni opted to not play him for reasons unknown. Of course codman alluded to diva behavior that caused his downfall.

DMo....overrated by a good amount of people here but he's on this list because he's overrated in his own mind. I can't remember the last time a player legitimately had a chance to be a rotation player on a playoff team only to try and exercise some pseudo-rights he thought he had only to then end up in China. At least Cato gave up productive minutes and then helped us get TMac.

Thomas Hamilton. Only the true OGs remember this guy. This was a dark period in NBA history when teams were enamored with big fat guys because some GMs thought that's all Shaq was. The fact that he overrated himself, feuding with Rudy T because he wanted more playing time is worthy enough to be on this list. Never has a player been more worthy of the nickname given to him by a sports broadcaster

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don’t know any clutchfans who highly rate most guys on this list. My pick?

Tracy McGrady, Don’t @ me.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Overrated at the time or overrated now?

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

How are any of these guys overrated?

That may be a good all disappointment team,or overpaid team for a couple of them, but it's about as far from overrated as a group can be.

PG-Spanoulis ( not a deep list of candidates at the 1, Lin was only overrated by his stans, not actual rockets fans)
    SG-Martin
    SF-Squid
    PF- Jones
    C- D-Mo

#34 sealclubber1016, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Marcus Morris actually produced, but one pick before Kawhi, wasn't his fault.

I think there were only couple of guys who thought he was a Paul Pierce light.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lin - mainly because of delusional LOFs acting like he was destined for greatness when in actuality he’s a nice bench/below average starting caliber PG

Melton - most overrated 2nd round pick I’ve ever seen...most had no clue who he was before the draft, but after summer league we got people saying he’s untouchable or gonna be a stud...we got people crying because he had to be included in a trade to get rid of Ryno as if D’antoni was ever gonna give this dude minutes or he was actually capable of making a genuine impact on a contender as a rookie taken 46th in the draft

KJ McDaniels - Wtf, why isn’t dummy D’antoni playing him?!? He sucks, that’s why.

D-Mo - flashed a couple of post moves and people went crazy

Qi - only because holic suggested that a rookie Joe Chee could actually check Durant...that 1 claim alone is enough for him to make this list

Zhou is who we are wanting to match up with Durant. Zhou, with his super quick feet and his extreme length and his precocious timing/anticipation, could become the single defensive key to beating the Warriors in the playoffs....this season.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Donatas Motiejunas
    Terrence Williams

Not counting 2-3 summer leaguers per year.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Pat Bev also

Exiled and J.R. like this.
  19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I guess probably the ‘87 Rockets, tbqh

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

TMac

- Tinman

RasaqBoi and mockster like this.