1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets 2013-2014 NBA Season Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BarreKellyJr, Jul 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. fattz

fattz Member

He may get voted in... he should look better with a big that can finish. I thinking 18 / 9.5 if he gets playing time. (28+ mins)

2. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

43-39

9th in west need to tank.

3. The Jabberwock

Howard & Asik starters?
    I see two 5's, no 4.

PREDICTION: 52 : 30
    7th IN WEST
    SUPRISINGLY MAKING IT TO CONF FINAL
    BUT LOSING IN 5 THERE.

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

5. Killer Korgi

Killer Korgi Member

Lin does not have the support that Yao did or else he would've been voted in this past season as an all star. I don't believe he was even in the top 5 voting for starting point guard?

6. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Actually, Jeremy Lin was only 45,346 votes behind Chris Paul in voting to win the Starting Point Guard spot on the Western Conference All-Star team this past season, so you are far from accurate. Lin finished second in WC all-star PG voting and third in ALL PG voting, just 40,000 votes behind Rondo from the Eastern Conference.

His support is very much an issue and as his name and game continues to grow, so will his support worldwide. I think Lin will get voted into several All-Star games in the near future, maybe even starting as soon as this coming season. Don't underestimate his global appeal and support, or ignore how close he came to starting for the WC this past season. Lin's marketing appeal is fast approaching what Yao was able to do after his name and game went global and he drew fans from the farthest reaches of the globe...

7. 9baller

9baller Member

My guess is that the Rockets will have between 55-57 wins. I think that OKC will be about 57-58 wins due to the loss of Kevin Martin. OKC went 47-19 in the shortened '11-12 season. I extrapolated this to be 58 wins in a full season (with Harden). Last season OKC had 60 wins with Martin, and I expect a drop-off with his replacement. I predict that we will take the 3rd seed, but I fully expect Morey to trade Asik before the deadline as well.

8. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L1_ErgUHuew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> I predict this D12 will show up.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

59 wins
    Second seed in the West, right behind OKC
    Spurs third
    Clippers fourth

We'll play a healthy and resurgent 7th seed Minnesota team in the first round, and beat them in 5 games; two of our four wins will be uncomfortably close, one of those at home in TC, and one on the road. We will lose a fairly close but not razor-thin game in Minnesota before closing out the series in a tight contest for game 5.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

54 - 28
    Western Conference Champions!
    Get Hosed by the Refs in the NBA Championship Finals

Rocket River

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

59 - 23

Western Conference Finalists - lose in game 7 to OKC

63-19

NBA Champs

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

81-1.

The one loss will be to the Bobcats. Book it.

13. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I think that a division title would be a great goal for their first season. This would give them home court in the first round at least.

I would be thrilled if Houston can get to the WCF.
    DH and JH are both in top 10 for MVP voting.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

55 wins, 4th seed, eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Valuable experience.

15. landryfans

landryfans Member

voted by regardless,

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

61-21

make western conference finals

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nRm_GVhTz5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I never said they'd be starters. I was referring to the core of the rotation.

19. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

If you want to get rid of him before that massive 14 mil hit,you'd better wish he will be allowed to play true pg and handle the ball more this year like he did during Linsanity so he can get his stats up and yes, hopefully even become an all star. That's the only way you can trade him and get good values back in return next summer or even before that. So yes, your wish to get rid of Lin sooner than later unfortunately is tied to the degree of his success this coming season. Time to dial in to McHale and Morey on that. :cool:

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I would like to, but I think we still make a nice move before the deadline.

I would assume Lin's numbers become a lot cleaner as well. I am not saying he will average more points, assists blah blah blah. But, he will play a hell of a lot better. Dwight compliments Lin in so many ways. I thought Lin and Tyson played great together and Dwight is essentially Tyson on steroids. If you have ever seen Lin's highlights growing up, the dude was NOT designed to make it to the NBA. All of what you see is a product of smarts and hard work. I think he is busting his butt off this off season and will be a much better product.

So, 50-something win team and we improve even more at the second half of the season.