1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets 2011-2012 Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Dec 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Why would we get a national television game?

Rockets can't draw an audience. We have no superstar on our roster.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Roughest stretch to me looks to be not the beginning but rather that point in January where they play 6 games in 8 days.

And how did they figure to give us a SIX day break in February. Wait is that the All-Star break? Is there even an all-star game this year?

I actually like our chances early on. If it's true that most of our roster is returning and that the coaching won't try to futz around with the offense, then I bet we get the jump on a few teams early. Remember how it was after the last lockout; JVG on the air always ocmplains how that regular season was just basically one extended training camp. Every team was so disjointed due to the absence of the preseason that play overall was just poor across the league. If the Rockets can simply minimize the amount of rustiness we have, then we could definitely beat more talented teams.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

forget about the contending or playoffs, Rockets' goal is to get relevant.

1 national TV game in 3 seasons.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

No national TV game, as expected. :mad:

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

The top-3 pick is much closer than the playoffs with this schedule and I'm glad to admit it

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I am 100% sure the schedule is not generated by a computer, because Rockets always have the most back-to-backs, the roughest start and roughest end of the season.
    However for this young team needing to lose it's not that bad. It's time to show what we're made of, since guys will be dead tired with so many games in few days we probably will see T-will, Morris and maybe even Parsons and Thabeet.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Final game against New Orleans again ... zzzzzzz...-.-

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets want to truly compete. I think they need to go full on crazy basketball chaos a la the Warriors that knocked off Dallas.

Basically run Adelman's system but at twice the pace. Allow McHale to teach them physical defensive man to man defense, and run after everything. No one plays more than 25 min because we have 12 players with minimal drop off between them compared to other teams. Even mix in some full court pressure and trapping.

With so many opponents coming in off of back-to-backs they will be tired with dead legs. Fatigue also affects mental sharpness first as well, so the different style and speed will cause many teams to make more mistakes than they would make against that tempo even in a normal season.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Man that would be disastrous. The Rockets may get great short-term gains, but what's gonna happen? Pick no.18 this time? Another year wasted?

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Just got tickets for the Fakers game on the 4th:grin::grin:

Moving from Guam, my first Rockets game (NBA game). Been a die-hard Rox fan since 85, this will be special!!!

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Makes sense to change it up. If you got Tebow as your QB, you gotta change your offensive scheme. Same as the Rockets. Would Chuck be Tebow?

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Provided everybody's at full strength/none of their early opponents struggles - i could say them opening up 2-8.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Brutal start and overall a tough schedule.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I predict 30-36.
    OUCH.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The fact that will won't see:

Boston
    Miami
    Chicago

at Toyota Center is relieving but also maddening as a ST holder.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't see why everyone is so worried about the first 10 games. We were giving these teams trouble last season.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They are cowering in fear of our horseshoe and hand grenadier-ing prowess.

19. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Everything does balance out except our unusually high number of back-to-backs that go back to JVG's days. I thought the NBA hated him, but it turns out they just hate us.

Our location/weather have a lot to do with it, but I'm definitely feeling the 1-7 start here. Yeesh...

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

2011-2012 NBA schedule: strength analysis

Furthermore, they actually conclude we have the easiest nonconference schedule in the league based on the following chart. There are of course other factors, but we have an edge in this small way.

[​IMG]