1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rocket at the Barbershop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jun 30, 2006.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

So as i sit at the barbershop earlier today, a Rockets player walks in. I realize there are members of Rocket management and maybe even players and coaches who browse this site, and one or two of the things he said i would hate to get him in trouble. so i begin to ask him a few questions as we conversate (very very nice guy by the way and very humble) and the first thing talked about was the trade. he basically chuckled a lilttle bit and said he had nothing to say about that but he said he and many other players were at the draft party and right before the eighth pick they unamimously pick Gay as the right guy, said he was atheletic and long. He then went on to say that the trade will greatly benefit the team this season and that he will play some 2,3, and 4 in some matchups.

I then asked him about Stro and that JVG was on the radio a few weeks ago speaking of the "misunderstandings" between him and swift and that some of swifts failures were his fault basically. he looked at me, laughed and said "man, coach acts funny" and i asked him jokingly if he meant in a "GAY" type of way, but he said that coach has a habit to say one thing one day and do something completely different the next. he said "sometimes he says something to me and then after 2 or 3 games i get start asking myself if he really meant what he said". that was quite interesting to me, basically saying he was two faced as a person.

After a call from another rockets player asking when he would return to the gym tonight, he begins to talk about how much time he is spending working out (9-12 and 4-6) every single day, and that other Rocket players join in the workouts every day. he said prior to Yao leaving for China, he was in the gym religiously and mentioned that he never saw a player with as much drive and determination as Yao. mentioned that Yao works out directly after each home game during the season and never takes a break. from the convo it seemed his foot was doing much better and that he'd be more than ready at seasons start.

I asked him about Mike James and he said there was a very strong chance that hes signing here, said hes talked to MJ recently and that he has a strong desire to return to htown.

im sure there are some things i forgot to mention, but it was a great sincere conversation and he trully made it feel like a regular civil convo and was very frank about everything he said. i apologize for not mentioning his name but i really would hate to have him affected in any manner for sharing his feelings.

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

...we need proof.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe MJ fans get their wish. If we re-sign him, the Rockets had him so they know what they are getting. It would be a good sign. We still need a starting SG or PF, based on where Battier starts. Surely JH isn't our starting PF next season.

4. bigbodymoe

guys if you have a guess as to whom the player may be...please dont guess out loud through your keyboard. I would hate for him to have any sort of problem for speaking his mind to a fan. I actually have a picture i took of him on my phone, so i have the proof

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've edited the original post to remove some information that gave away who this player is and removed a bunch of "Oh! Oh! Oh! I know!" responses from posters.

Everyone - if he doesn't want to post who the player is, then respect that and please don't post about it ... just take the info and put it in your pocket. Respond to the info if you like, but don't play a guessing game on here. You're going to ruin opportunities to get this info in the future.

bigbodymoe - thanks a great deal for posting this ... sounds like a cool experience. My advice though is if you don't want the player to get in trouble, don't include parts about his thoughts on coach, for example, and definitely don't drop so many hints about who the player is. If you really don't want to say who the player is, just consider being more vague about the experience because I can 100% guarantee you it will get back to the people involved.

6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Have you gone to sleep yet Clutch? This is the most I've seen you post in a looooong time.

:)

Thanks, bigbody...the part about Mike James particularly excites me. Great, positive news for a change!

7. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Wow thanks for sharing that post i do have one question was this player a key guy on the team or someone like majec lampe!

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

My sincere apologies. But if we are going to go that way, then the post should be taken down just like the other thread was taken down. It is even easier for Rockets management to identify who this is. If we are going to protect the player, don't you think it best to remove the whole thread?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

10. bigbodymoe

Thanks for editing my original post clutch and i will definitely take the advice into mind if i post a players thoughts if the chance comes up, the main reason i didnt include his name is because of the remarks made about coach JVG but i also felt that it was important insight into a players view of the much criticized Jeff Van Gundy. thanks again

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Dude, stop freakin' digging around! Just take Clutch's advise and stop trying to find out who it was...the info is what's interesting, regardless of the source (he already told you the source is a Rockets player). Just take it for what it is and move on.

12. bigbodymoe

Some people just dont get it huh....read clutch's post above yours and think about if your question makes a bit of sense

13. armyman495

armyman495 Member

Can we get Zach Randolph???? He is a 20-10 guy with good range for a PF. I dont know his contract so i dont know if it is possible. Plus i hear Portland doesnt want him. Can someone start a thread about this for me cuz i cant since im a rookie and CLUTCH WONT LET ME FOR SOME REASON!!!

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

This is why you can't start threads. This is absolutely the worst thread for you to post this in. Stick this in one of the numerous offseason/free agency/trade threads.

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I don't consider what JVG did on the radio interview on Swift as two-face. I've noticed that he will make an effort to try not to focus on the flaws of a player when the media ask about them but try to be politically correct and focus on the postives that the player contributes. Like Francis and his competiveness/heart. I see it as a coach who won't tear a player in public regardless of the problems they had. I think that's admirable of him.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

How come this post looks so familiar. Oh is it because youve posted it 6 times and counting... lol

18. armyman495

armyman495 Member

Im postin in new threads so im on the first page. I dont want to end up on the last page on some thread.

19. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Shouldn't this be locked? It's only a matter of time before the player is identified..

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well, well...Karl Childers finally got a shave. Wonder if he used a lawn mower blade?

Whatcha gonna do wid dat der lawn mower blade, Karl?
    I swear you've got to be the craziest ...... I've ever seen?

Karl: Reckon I aim to kill ya widdit.