1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston ranked one of top 10 ugliest cities in the world

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 18, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Memphis sucks.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

da1 ranked among the top 10 ugliest posters in the world!

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lives in Memphis. TrolollololYolo!

4. Nook

Nook Member

No, I said there is nothing unique about the pretentious nature of NYC and Chicago, because most major cities have a level of pretentious behavior. It is to be expected.

Concerning Houston, I find the same general pretentious pride that flows throughout Texas.

As far as Chicago goes... Met some of the nicest people in Chicago proper, but it is a hell hole with serious racial tensions, an insane murder rate, highest tax rate in the country, a crumbling infrastructure, political corruption, an enormous deficit and a flat economy.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, I absolutely love HTown... but yeah, it's pretty damn ugly compared to most other big cities I've been to.

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Houston is in my heart for eternity but I do have to admit, it is not the prettiest city ascetically. Top 10 worst though? In the world though?

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

not only is she ugly... she has very little draw with tourists

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I'd rather have a huge draw from the international business community than tourists.

9. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I find Galveston, even if it's 20 times smaller, to be more of a "city" than Houston because it actually feels urban and has a unique blend of architecture and topography as well as the fact that it's not spread out endlessly for miles and miles (in part due to the the layout and geography of the city/island). If only there were no such things as hurricanes, Galveston would be another Manhattan or San Francisco.

Houston meanwhile, as someone once said on this board, is like a mini-Sao Paulo for better or worse (with much better crime than Brazil's largest city though).

10. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The person who wrote the piece has never lived in Lima, Peru.
    Yes, there are some real nice parts (Miraflores, San Isidro, San Borja, Barranco), but once you travel out of these areas you're pretty much stuck in a dirty, gray, outdated, concrete traffic jam.
    June through September is prime suicide weather, cloudy, foggy, gray and cold.

It's amazing what the sunshine does to this place when it does finally come out.

The city is the heart of the country in so many ways though. Arts, televison, politcis, cuisine, sports, business, etc. etc. There is something always going on.
    So with Lima, you have to take the good with the really ugly.

11. ILoveWhiteGirls

Hwy 6/Mission Bend has got to be the worst place if you looking to eat out. If you're hungry and looking to eat out, better hope you like eating at Subways because there's about 20 of them in that region.