1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston ranked one of top 10 ugliest cities in the world

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Cleveland, Oakland and Baltimore are all far uglier than Houston. Philadelphia and St. Louis are probably uglier too.

Houston isn't "pretty"...much of the city looks bland, but it does not belong anywhere near a top 10 ugliest list. Neither does Los Angeles.

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I remember driving through Dallas downtown and lounging at the park in the middle with all the food trucks. A beautiful woman in a maxi dress accompanied me. Went to the symphony orchestra that night and made love to another beautiful woman that night at her ranch. Dallas is far better looking than inner loop Houston and not as ghetto after every nice block. Architecture and city planning experts appatently avoid the city, leaving da1 calibre types to emphasize cost and practicality over visage.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

San Fran for suuuure.

They are backpacking hobos.. they live in little enclaves around Golden Gate Park and pack up to different spots when they have to.. nomadic hobos. Quite interesting actually.

One group sold me an 1/8th for $30 bucks last time I went. Decent greens.. old and mushed like it had been in a hobos backpack. But it smoked well

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i love when people call houston an ever-expansive sea of concrete yet i look out of my 27th story office and see nothing but tree tops. the lack of topography and blue water may hold houston back from ever being considered "beautiful" but to call it one of the ugliest cities in the world is a farce.

we could name 10 uglier cities in north america alone. have you ever been to Juarez.... :eek

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

they can be on a gentle dimming up-down strobe..

ahhh itd be so sick. and add some hanging gardens to some overpasses.

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

San Fran hobos tend to be intelligent, colorful people who have rejected the material life and are seeking some other purpose. They add charm to the city in addition to being lean and in shape.

Imo the writer was pointing out Houston hobos are fat, dull and often masturbate to women in parks. I also thinks it's silly to put Houston in a positive light versus terrible cities in the Midwest because of the resources and income at Houston's disposal as the 5th largest city. It's the truck riding, Texas size mentality that holds the city back from competing against world class cities.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Who knew that there were different types of hobos...:confused:

and to top it off they can bring charm and intellect to any large urban city....

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Honey Bear knows, of course. He's made love to hobos throughout Eastern Europe.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I've been around O'Hare and Midway and it's ugly but just north of downtown on 59 it looks like the Third World with strip joints.
    There are a few ugly places in MN and WI. Parts of St. Paul might as well be in Cleveland the same with much of Milwaukee and Racine.

Also unless you enjoy looking at hog waste ponds (or more importantly smelling them) there are parts of south Minnesota to avoid.

10. what

what Member

Houston is truly one of the blandest cities in the world. Nothing but highway construction and cookie-cutter strip malls.

Ya'll can't possibly think this is an inaccurate assessment. Look around.

11. Yonkers

Highway construction is inevitable in any city that is growing. Can't argue about the strip malls.
    And Houston ain't pretty. But top 10 ugly? Come on.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ask the tourism board what the first word was uttered on the moon, or just read every promotional pamphlet they've ever put together.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LA is one of the more beautiful cities in the states. wtf is the article talking about? i agree with detroit, and we all know Houston isn't the prettiest, but LA? Go to the Hills, Venice Beach, Santa Monica etc. and it's definitely NOT a top 10 ugly city in the world.

I love how it's right at 10 too. It's just something they put in there at the end just so it can be controversial, cause outrage, and get hits to their article.

Credibility tarnished.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how did mogadishu not make the cut

15. Yonkers

Aren't those all separates cities?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ucityguides.com is the gold standard when it comes to rating city beauty online in slide show fashion.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

chicago was resdesigned around being attractive after the fire.

things like zoning the lakefront for no commercial or industrial

houston never had zoning and cheaper is better i guess so aesthetics never play a role

18. BleedsRocketRed

Not saying it deserves to be one of the ugliest. Thats always up for debate. When it comes to Houston though, it is really bland. Concrete everywhere, its flat, bland with highways and strip malls everywhere. We are known for tearing down historical buildings and building condos or apartments over them. Houston is a glorified commenter city with the majority of the population driving to work, then back to the suburbs. Rinse a repeat.

There is no real tourism draw. New York, Chicago, LA... these cities have a lot more to offer tourists and local residents.

19. nono

nono Member

Let's be honest. Houston is pretty ****ing ugly.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I wouldn't call it top 10 ugliest in the world, but it is pretty damn ugly. It ranks pretty high among the world's biggest cities.