1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston ranked one of top 10 ugliest cities in the world

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 18, 2013.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Exactly, and they're only improving. When all of the work on the inner loop parks are finished in 2015, along with the trails, new restaurants, bars, etc. I will be lol'ing at this horrible writer even more. I think he's confusing Baytown with Houston or something. I love driving down Memorial or Allen Parkway to get to my destinations, simple beauty.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

or coming up 45 from Hobby

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

How are they gonna include homeless ppl in an argument abt what the city looks like.

That's just messed up. There's homeless everywhere that are just as stinky. It says we have more but do we really?

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Does it really matter?

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

We could put led color changing strips on our buildings and overpasses. Would look awesome

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Say Houston is ugly one more time, c'mon say it....

8. ILoveWhiteGirls

It be one giant T-mobile commercial, LOL

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

Some parts of Houston are definitely not pretty...but..above Detroit in the ranking? Have they been to Detroit? That city is 10x worse than Htownn.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the pretentious/superficial stereotype is only used by people outside those cities that are influenced by what they see on media and in tv and movies.

it reeks of inferiority complex in these types of threads.

sorry you got voted ugly in an arbitrary poll, Houston.

I wouldn't sweat it.

11. BamBam

I drove through Detroit on my way to Toronto, and what little I saw of Detroit was downright awful! To make matters worse as soon as you cross the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor,Canada the scenery completely changed! I mean it was a total 180, there was no graffiti, no trash on the streets, the buildings were well kept, and there was an actual police presence that was patrolling the streets! It's almost as if someone turned the lights on when you're in a dark room! No Joke...

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I've done that exact same drive and my first impressions were... this city never left the 1970s. It looked like the opening scene of Good Times where all the buildings look old and dingy.

1 person likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

There are many uglier cities just in the United States.... lets start with Detroit, Cleveland, Akron, Rockford, Cincy, Beaumont and a thousand other places.

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

well, I guess you're right. I'm just an ugly/stupid Houstonian, no one likes me.:(

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I couldn't find good statistics in 5 minutes, but the cities with real reputations for homelessness are LA, San Fran, and NYC. Imagine calling San Francisco top-10 ugliest city because of its very apparent homelessness problem.

16. Nook

Nook Member

No, LA/NY/CHI all are pretentious..... but not really anything unique, they are the three largest cities that have been large for a long time. Hell, I would argue that the "Texas pride" is off putting to many people outside of Texas.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

As much as I hate lil d I just drove through it this week and have to say I was impressed by the buildings and skyline. Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth! :(

18. Nook

Nook Member

Meh Have you ever seen the drive towards the airport in Chicago? That is about as ugly an area as you will find, with old, extremely dirty, often poorly kept buildings, homes falling apart and mid level industrial areas.

The "ugly drive" is in many places..... one place that is not ugly? Minnesota... cold as hell but beautiful, same with Wisconsin....

19. BamBam

You nailed it! If you've seen Good Times you've got a pretty good idea of what I saw...

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so the top three cities are pretentious just because they are the top three cities, or just because you say they are?

and then when the #4 city comes in, Houston, the same formula does not apply?

for me, Houston and Los Angeles are very comparable. they both define Urban Sprawl.

you are saying there's nothing unique about NYC or Chicago?