1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press]Vandy and Lord Best Sports Talk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chance, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Marc is not under the impression that any of you freaks on the board like him. He knows ya'll think he's a tool bag and he doesn't care.

He did, however, have the board's back today...not that that will sway your opinion.

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Whatever he said today will not change my opinion. When he immerses himself into the local sports of Houston, can feel the pulse of fandom here and relate to how most of us feel, I will respect him more. But after 3 years, he still comes off as an outsider. As bad as he was, even Russ Small "felt local" after 18 months or so. MVD's opinions can be whatever he feels, but so many times on the radio you can tell he just can't understand where average Houston fans are coming from. NONE of the other guys on 610 have that particular problem. Just Mark.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No doubt, Marc uped the hip quotient today. Good job.

Rich on the other hand......

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

EXACTLY my thoughts on Marc. I really have nothing against him, but as a fan of Houston sports, he for whatever reason ALWAYS sounds disinterested in local Houston stuff. Heck, he seems to be more interested in the latest movie or celebrity gossip than he is in sports, period! :eek:

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Let is be known that The_Conquistador, easily the most intellectual poster in the history of CF.Net, regards Marc as an excellent radio personality. Not everyone has the mental faculties to recognize dry wit, subtle nuance and clever reasoning. You can tell that he is well thought out with his opinions and rarely puts forth cliches and platitudes. I really think he is a cross between Pallillo and Dan Patrick, who happen to be two of my favorites. Of course, most fans are mentally lazy and just prefer to listen to screamers like Mike and the Mad Dog in NYC or Nasty Nester. Yawn. Rick Ballou on Sporting News Radio is another good one.