1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Sports talk radio stations fight for listeners in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jul 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

for morning shows i hated listening to mike & mike (on espn radio) when i was in dallas... but sadly that's who i've settled on here, with 4 stations to choose from. though i liked davies & dukes more than 610. mcclian needs to go away, and take anna megan with him.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Craig Roberts drives me BONKERS! The guy thinks he's hilarious (he even says it in the article!!!) and he's just NOT. He made a few clever quips on the news and attempted to be funny doing the sports with Stevens & Pruett (since neither were funny, he sounded coherent), but he is NOT a comedian who does sports.

He just replays tired anecdotes about things that make no difference to anyone and thinks everyone is laughing with him. We aren't and it's really kinda sad.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Brad Davies is annoying as hell.

4. BullFan

BullFan Member

I like the Sean and John show on the drive home. not sure why

For some reason I also like Ken Hoffman. For the 5 minutes I've had a chance to listen

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I don't even want to buy you beers anymore just for saying that. :mad:

6. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

one good thing about living in dallas: 1310 the ticket

I present you a classic ticket moment: the guy asking the ? is a member of the afternoon drivetime show

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5gTZjuo0rc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5gTZjuo0rc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

not even forgetting to mention gribble as the 1920s reporter... his questions to LBJ were the best.

8. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Personally I listen to Granato in the mornings although I flip to Marc and Andre during commercials. Then I listen to Richard Justice. Then I LOVE Hoffman. After that I listen to Sean and John and Matt during commercials. Then I listen to Adam and Danny. I think Danny is the funniest person on the radio. Weekends I like Raheel and Nuno.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm kind of getting used to Danny. He's done OK during the summer. The start of the NFL will be one test for him to see if he can talk intelligently about the NFL. I won't make a final judgment until the Rockets season starts. That will make or break it for me. I miss Matt & Adam together but there may be hope for Adam & Danny.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They should have kept Dukes and dropped Davies. I can't listen to Davies.

I can't believe how much I like Richard Justice's show.

Looking forward to Lance rejoining John in the mornings.

There is no show in the history of radio worse than the John Lopez mid-day show on 790. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to that show.

11. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Just friend to friend here...don't do that man. Nobody needs to put their needles in their eyes.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

[​IMG]

People might try to convince you to listen to that mid-day show on 790. Don't do it. You might vomit. And no one likes to vomit.

(hey, how about Sean Jones??)