1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Rockets Wrap and a word with Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Nov 15, 2007.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

I hear ya, and I respect your viewpoint. As I'm sure you know, I only mentioned Donaghy as a way to inject a heavy dose of hyperbole in an effort to make a point.

Given the choice, I'd take Palmer's incompetence over Donaghy's ethical *issues* in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd much prefer a league which excluded them both.

It's worth nothing that I possess an immense amount of respect for officials in every sport, and I think they generally do a good job. But I can't include Palmer in that statement and her performance Wednesday night was especially abysmal.

JCF

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nice writeup.

Way better than the Chronicle.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

u can tell kobe really respects t-mac...they did grow up in the league together

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think they're actually long-time friends. There was one quote from Kobe where he said that he used to make T-Mac shoot left-handed when they were younger. It would be pretty cool if they were good friends, that's always nice to see.

5. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Keep up the great work Jason.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep, she should talk with the mafia, and go the way of donaghy sp

7. rockets86

rockets86 Member

I hate it when Derek Fisher shoots when he plays against the Rockets. His shots always goes in (he shoots it with a very nice arch). Maybe Rafer can take some lessons from Fisher. :D

8. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Yeesh, lighten up Mr. Palmer. :rolleyes:

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'm kind of confused by Fisher saying the Jazz went into the playoffs playing well. They were 3-7 for their final 10 which included a split with the Rockets. The Jazz were 3-2 before that leaving them at 6-9 for the final 15 games. Nice interview...but that's not going into the playoffs hot. :confused:

#29 GATER, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. JSub

JSub Member

He had they peaked for Game 7, which is true, since they mowed down the Warriors in 5 games.

11. JSub

JSub Member

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

All respectfully noted. Now, a question: is Palmer's continued employment due to gender or the state of officialdom in the NBA? Is she given a pass for the wrong reasons or because replacement of referees is OTT difficult?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember reading that Palmer was essentially "middle of the pack" in referee evaluations.

I suspect that people tend to give her a harder time with her missed calls because she stands out more as a female.