1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Q&A with Daryl Morey: The Day After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Feb 27, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

after what we have done the past month or so and the potential we showed, we do not break this duo up now. we have to see what they can do together for a whole season playing like this (a possible #1 seed). tmac seems to integrate himself now.

also, adelman hasn't put in much of his offense.

the question can both be healthy?

2. MarcStein2222

MarcStein2222 Member

awesome man. thanks once again for a great article

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Re: Yao and TMac and their vulnerabilities:

I am thinking RedSox. World Series (of North America) winners who shut down Shilling and Wakefield. Limited Papelbon, Manny and probably some others. Their collective eye was on the post-season.

Perhaps Keith Jones' staff in conjunction with Adelman's staff and Morey's need to effect a corrollary program for these guys to maximize probability of being fresh and healthy, and fine tuned, for a long spring run.

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Great point. Yao may not be Karl Malone, but how can you say that an accident makes him "injury prone" or "fragile"? Anyone pointing to last season's broken leg as evidence of that needs to have a cup of coffee and clear their head.

5. yobod

yobod Member

Absolutely. Here in Houston, we don't do anything the easy way. If you want to root for a team with NO injury problems to their main stars, go be a Lakers or Mavs fan....wuss. ;)

6. yobod

yobod Member

No, but the stress fracture he had 2 years ago....or the osteomyelitis he had....or the patial elbow ligament tear....COMBINED with the stress fracture this season, and the broken leg last season kinda do make him injury prone, right? They might not be little nagging injuries....but the end result is still the same...missed games.

7. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

No they aren't, and neither are anyone else's. You need a good rotation of role players to step up too, that's why teams win the rings not individuals.

Without guys like Horry, Cassell, Rip, Rick Fox, Fisher, Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace, etc were all important cogs in their teams winning rings.

Let us all stop pretending that only stars win games alone no matter how bad the role players do because you know thats a disingenuine load of crock.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There is little chance the Rockets will actively shop T-Mac, much less Yao... unless T-Mac becomes disgruntle and demands a trade.

So chances are, we are going to ride these two until after their prime.

9. seaweed

seaweed Member

Morey's task should be finding and signing a big man (higher and heavier than scola, at least) immediately. having no real C, we are going nowhere. He must do this within 10 days.

10. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

I m wondering the samething, we need an offensive capable big body to spread the floor, but Morey says we stick to our commitment to Barry ... I dont think Barry will come through, specially after this. Isnt March 1st the last day to sign somebody playoff eligible?

11. desertfire

desertfire Member

I really admire Morey's optimism. It beats the alternative, but I have to admit that he sounds like a politician who just got drilled on Super Tuesday and still talks about being the next President of the United States (i.e. Mike Huckabee).

I believe the Rocket's have some inspiring ball left, but we all want that LOB trophy. Kudos to Morey though for putting the best face on it possible.