1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston possibly offering Courtney Lee for #10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, Jun 23, 2011.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Depends on who their targeting. If they're targeting a big, then they would want to keep T-Will for back-up SG.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

when courtney lee draws more interest than the #14 pick it goes to show you what kind of talent is in the draft. thats not a knock against lee who is a fine player, but you shouldn't expect much from this draft.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well Milwaukee is one of the few teams in the lottery that is looking to compete now. So a veteran player like Lee will always have more of an immediate impact then any rookie not named John Wall or Blake Griffin.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Lee is a veteran?

Try Scola.

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

it better not be 14+23 with Lee....thats insane...unless somehow DM is gonna throw us into the lottery or close to it with another move.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'll be glad when the draft is over, it feels like DM is desperate to make something happen. All this talk of giving up Lee or Patterson has me concerned we will give up too much to move up a few spots in a weak draft.

7. Prince

Prince Member

makes sense to me...

8. Prince

Prince Member

that means KMart is not going anywhere....

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I love Lee, but we can acquire Courtney Lee's once we get a star. Morey is great at finding pieces, once we get a star player he will have no trouble filling out the roster with Courtney Lee type players.

Courtney Lee is an asset to trade away to teams that have stars and are looking for other pieces.

That being said, trading him just to move up four spots seems like a bit much, unless we have targeted a player we think could be a star who won't be there by #14. For the #10 pick straight up, absolutely.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Move our bigs...or T-Will. We need C.Lee!

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel like there's not better deal than with Detroit. We would do really well to help the Pistons re-build while nabbing Tayshaun Prince and #8. I can't see an easy way to make that happen though.

Prince would look great next to Kevin Martin, and #8 would means that we could pick up any of the top 7 who slip. I've often seen this draft as one with 7 first tier potential players.

I think we'll make a move. There are too many complimentary needs between Houston, Milwaukee and Detroit. At the same time, I would be happy if they just made their picks and went home. A lockout shortened season is a great way to break some young prospects into the NBA, so I see it as a great time to be re-building.

12. herro

herro Member

Get the damn deal done!

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If they get the #10 pick for Lee and #23, that would be a coup. Pick Walker, Leonard or Thompson, then take a big at #14 ie. Nikola Vucevic or who'm ever falls.

14. herro

herro Member

NORML + Gourds + Rockets = You're just a cool person.

I think I'll spin some Uncle Tupelo and wait for Morey to fleece somebody.

I'd also hate to give up Patterson. Lee for the 10th is understandable.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

I think you might be on to something. :)

16. YNQ

YNQ Member

I don't think we need any changes in our backcourt, it's perfectly packed. Morey once said he wanted Lee in our team, and chased him since his draft. He's good 2 way player, but needs to be a little more aggressive in offense. I don't feel possibility of this trade. I don't remember we traded players that have been in mass trade talks (exc. T-Mac, not even with first attempt) So doubt it will happen.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. Lee is great talent, but if we have Kmart then we don't need Lee, he's wasting here when he could be one of the best two-way non-star players in the L. If he's all it takes to move up to 10 then I don't see why Houston doesn't do this deal. Biyombo, Tobias Harris AND Jeremy Tyler for this month's draft? :cool:

18. Prince

Prince Member

I would look great with Chris Bosh too ;).

19. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I could see this being for Klay Thompson (who btw is amazingly smooth. In one of his workout vids, he performs this up-fake, reverse spin step back to a jumper that is just beautiful), then keeping the 14 for Biyombo.

Not a bad draft in that case.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

since Biyombo got his green room invite yesterday, I doubt he makes it to #14.