1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston police chief Art Acevedo responds to President Trump telling governors to "dominate" protest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 1, 2020.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it usually takes him a few years to piss off the city government and police union! out in 6 months - a new record!

i live in austin and even though he is a publicity hound, i did like some things about acevedos tenure...especially his policy of holding cops accountable when they did wrong and firing bad cops when they deserved it. he basically left austin b/c the city manager told him not to speak about a case where a cop shot and killed a 17 year old and acevedo fired him. he spoke about it anyway and they suspended him...they had been at odds for awhile and i think that was the final straw. i have a family member w/ HPD who liked him as well, but i know he alienated himself in houston pretty quickly too.

ive always thought he was looking to transition into politics and this might be what drives him to get in. either way, his days of being chief of a major american city are probably over.

B-Bob, FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s getting suspended because he was snitching on the crooks.

rockbox and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Him and Manny Diaz

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

7. JuanValdez