1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston named No. 1 city in United States

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

About 34 seconds in, the guitar spits out fire.

Maybe that is considered Progress over the past when fire had to be brought to the guitar.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

people are legit crazy out here and will kill somebody over nothing which is why I would never engage in any road rage activity

A Maryland man who shot at cyclists participating in a charity ride over the weekend in Calvert County is now confronting multiple criminal charges, as reported by the sheriff’s office.

According to authorities, on Saturday, at approximately 10:10 a.m., deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Bureau responded to the 4600 block of Hardesty Road in Huntingtown, following reports of shots fired.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that two cyclists participating in the charity ‘End Hunger’ Bike Ride were riding their bicycles on Hardesty Road when a pickup truck travelling behind them engaged in ‘road rage’,” the police report
    read.

David Earl Bustin, 66, from Huntingtown, who was driving, maneuvered around the victims in an effort to force them off the road. Continuing along Hardesty Road, he then pulled into a driveway, where Bustin took out a shotgun and discharged three rounds towards the cyclists.

Bustin was located and then promptly taken into custody. Following this, a search warrant was carried out at his house, leading to the recovery of three expended shotgun shells and a Winchester Model 1300 shotgun. Bustin was then transported to the Calvert County Detention Center, where he faces charges of two counts of First-Degree Assault and two counts of Reckless Endangerment.

Bustin has secured legal representation and was released from county jail upon posting a $1000 bond, with a commitment to appear in court at a date yet to be determined.

Thankfully, none of the shots hit the cyclists. Riders immediately called the police which resulted in his prompt arrest.

he only got $1000 bond…what an absolute joke

4. Nook

Nook Member

Ubiquitin, Xerobull and B-Bob like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Wait a second ..... I just thought about this and it is BS.

The Eisenhower Expressway in Chicago is FAR more dangerous than any road in Houston. Like 2-3 people a month are shot and killed on the Ike in gang shootings.

Most of Chicago outside of downtown is safe - so maybe overall Houston is better.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As Houston continues to rebuild the same roads that were rebuilt 20 years ago... and continues to expand the same freeways that were expanded 15 years ago (and some freeways technically never stopped being under construction)... you do have to wonder what will happen in the next 20-30 years as the population continues to rise and there is no other way to commute around this huge/vast amount of area, where people have few to little mass transit options.

I suppose just rebuild more roads is the answer.

And the rage events will always be there... and continue... and multiply.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

May have something to do with EVERYWHERE being an hour away in Houston. **** that ****!

8. Nook

Nook Member

I have wondered this as well - especially as mass transportation becomes more popular.

The conclusion that I have reached is that either the Greater Houston area is going to become an absolute shithole because of the distance and landscape, with the middle class fleeing and enclaves popping up with extreme wealth surrounded by lots of poverty..... or we are going to see what has already started over the last 10 years, we will see the population density in areas closer to the heart of Houston become far more dense. We will see land prices go up, and see homes and high rises pop up in those areas in the heart of the city that are "bad" and be gentrified. Then we will see areas where there were roads, etc. torn down or repurposed.

If a city is big and desirable - it can change very quickly, especially when it comes to housing and business areas.

rocketsjudoka and Xerobull like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Was just thinking about our traffic.

I’m moving back to Colorado after being in Houston for 3 years. Drove a Penske truck through Denver yesterday on I-70 during rush hour. Leaving a generous gap between me and the car in front, I was amazed how no one was filling the gap, constantly. It didn’t really seem like anyone was changing lanes, like the whole community mindset knew traffic during rush hour actually goes smoother/faster if everyone just stays in their lane.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lol, my 18yo was just b****ing about how no one obeys the zipper merge rules at his high school. I told him that’s why you have to have a certain car body language in Houston or you’ll get shoved to the side. He’s a sweet kid so he probably just needs to move to Denver.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Gentrification is the way.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least this guy is not out there terrorizing the Houston Streets

[​IMG]
    Road rage driver arrested for firing shotgun at cyclists on US charity ride
    Police revealed the man had swerved around the victims, attempting to run them off the road, before pulling into a driveway where three shots were fired

Police arrested a motorist in the US who allegedly fired three shots at two cyclists participating in a charity event, having earlier tried to run the riders off the road during a road rage attack.

The incident happened on Saturday morning in Maryland, on Hardesty Road in Huntingtown, the two cyclists part of the Ride to End Hunger event based out of the town. According to the Calvert County Sheriff's Office, at around 10.10am officers were called to the scene following reports that shots had been fired.

Following preliminary investigation, the force explained that a 66-year-old man from Huntingtown, David Earl Bustin, had been arrested and charged on four counts in relation to the "road rage" incident.

It is believed the charity cyclists were cycling along the road when the motorist swerved around them and attempted to run them off the road. Bustin continued ahead and pulled into a driveway where he allegedly "retrieved a shotgun and fired three shots toward the cyclists".

Mango likes this.
  14. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

He looks like he could be the brother of Charles McGonigal (formerly with FBI).

15. Buck Turgidson

If you were like "some posters", your ass would already be on the ignore list.

B-Bob, Sajan and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Just got plastered by blue hi-beams on the county road to my house, it's foggy as hell too, there was a good 30 seconds where i couldn't see the road at all. Thankfully it's a familiar drive. He was nice enough to turn them off when he was about 200 feet in front of me

B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

All I am asking is to go the speed limit and stop camping in the left lane.
    Pleaaaase stop moving over to the left lane for no reason.

rusHour likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is doing both. It’s continuing to expand haphazardly while density is increasing within the Loop.

Nook likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing I noticed in my last trip to Texas is you could really see gentrification in action. I was staying at an Airbnb in SE Dallas. The neighborhood I was in was what is referred to as “marginal” and was mostly Hispanic living in older rundown housing. The Airbnb I was in was a house that was less than a year old and very modern with a lot amenities. You could see throughout the neighborhood houses like that going up. I was wondering if the people who were building those houses likely knew that they were going to be displaced by them.

In Austin was staying just south of downtown the last time I was there was a few decades ago this was a neighborhood of mostly small houses. Now it was being replaced by high rise apartment, condo and hotel projects.

Nook, Sajan and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

What even are essential oils? I don't think I've had any my whole life, so they can't be that essential. In dog years, my 15 year-old pooch is older than me and he's never had any. There also seem to be a growing number of them so how does an oil ascend from being a regular oil to essential? Is there some board? Perhaps optional oils, unnecessary oils, or trivial oils are better names.