1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Islanders?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by North Star, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

That is my NHL dream as well, but I'll settle for any NHL team we can get down here.

But yeah...the Houston Oilers, reborn! How awesome would that be?

Bud couldn't prevent that team from using the "Oilers" name here, could he? I could see him trying to tie them up in court to prevent it.

2. msn

msn Member

I don't think I could take it.

How about the Predators get mad and move here, and we hang their banners from our ceiling, pretending they never played in Neckville? Then Edmonton can move to Neckville and we can go their and kick their asses every year.

3. tigereye

tigereye Member

Hey dont look now but that Nashville move could happen. The almost left a few years ago because of how poorly they're doin in Nashville at the gates. Now, one of their co-owners (Boots Del Biaggo) is facing possible criminal charges from the SEC. Nashville has not been a successful move for the NHL and it may be tme to pull up the stakes pretty soon.

Thing is, they only come Houston's way if they are sold to Alexander because of his control. If they are to be moved without a change in ownership, it will likely be to Kansas City's tenant-less Sprint Center.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I kinda don't want the Edmonton Oilers. If we happen to land them, I don't want it to be called the Oilers. I rather leave their history, their tradition, their legacy in Edmonton.

I don't want Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Jari Kurri, Paul Coffey's number hanging from the Toyota Center.

I don't want five Stanley Cup Championship banners hanging up there either. That's not ours.

5. msn

msn Member

Word.

Sweet! "Dear Les, all I want for Christmas is the Nashville Predators. Change the name and leave whatever short history they have in Nashville, but taking their franchise would be *sweet*. I'll CC: Santa on this note. Merry Christmas! --msn"

6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Yeah, I guess that would be pretty crappy of us to pull a "Titans" on the people of Edmonton. Good point.

But if a franchise were to move, what kind of name would work for Houston? I guess we could try the "1836" again.