1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston interested in moving up for Grayson Allen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 20, 2018.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I could see the Carl Hererra threads now....

White-Son All-in threatens Dan Tony’s balls for PT

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sorry you feel so threatened, but this doesn't belong in the GARM. Take it to D&D.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Just draft a wing that can shoot it's not rocket science.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

No, but it's Rocket science. :)

bulkatron likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean I like the idea of adding a knockdown 3 point shooter FINALLY, but isn't Allen considered a DREADFUL defender?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This late in the day, kind of hard to tell what is a smoke screen, what is actual.
    Typically, I wouldn't expect to hear any "real" info from any teams unless there's a reason they want it leaked.

On Allen, is he better or worse than Luke Kennard?? It's really hard to tell. Kennard developed into a better three point shooter, but Allen strikes me as more athletic and a better ballhandler.

In either case, I don't put a lot of stock into this report, at least relative to the Rockets actually ending up in a position to draft him.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll just stick with the mainstream guys. :)

Has nothing to do with race, religion, orientation or anything else.

How about hitting once or twice or three times?

Kelly Iko: Just spoke with Josh Smith, formerly with the #Rockets. Very interested in a return to the team and a deal could be in the works soon.

Josh Smith WRONG

Kelly Iko: Chris Broussard cited a league source saying that Paul George to the #Rockets would be a possibility as the trade deadline approaches. Noted any of Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker, LMAM, Ryan Anderson could be in play.

Citing Chris Broussard on Paul George WRONG

Kelly Iko: Houston’s chances of landing Joe Johnson “around 15-20%”, per league source. Good relationship with MDA and familiarity with offense would come into play. Cites interest from BOS, OKC, GSW as well. Says #Rockets would have to make a roster cut to open up space.

Landing Joe Johnson & what they'd have to do WRONG

Wrong so often he went back & deleted all his tweets.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...a-free-agency-contract-golden-state-warriors/

We'll see here.

Kelly Iko: Sources: With the majority of NBA lacking in significant cap room from the 2016 and 2017 free agent spending frenzy, #Rockets C Clint Capela expected to earn $12-18M a year in restricted free agency; DAL, PHX among few potential suitors projected to have >$10M in space

We'll see here. More likely $20M-$25M a year.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/usa-today-suns-plan-to-offer-max-to-capela.290479/

Are the Suns still going to offer a max contract when/if they take Ayton tonight? Perhaps he should have waited for the draft lottery/draft to report this because it looks like he'll be WRONG again.

And HeyPartner has noticed he's been wrong on his injury updates.

I know, I know. This change just so quickly in this league, it's hard to keep up! Fluid situations! :rolleyes:

malakas, joshuaao, Fyreball and 4 others like this.
  9. Chamillionaire

Bravo.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

No, he was pretty good in college. More concerned with the attitude.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he's terrible defensively, basically a 6'4 Ryan Anderson.

amaru likes this.
  12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You're being a bit harsh and stubborn. I see Iko in the same realm as other local journalists from other cities. Never have any of us claimed him in the realm of even Windy or Ramona. He's a guy in the know, but that does not mean he will always be right. Doesn't Codman always say things are fluid? Kelly Iko's motive isn't to try to break news like an insider such as Woj or Shams does, but to report what he hears. What he hears is what he hears. Even if it's something minor as "Rockets interested in Grayson Allen."

I believe he didn't delete all his tweets on purpose. Was an accident. Ch44 reported that Joe Johnson was going to OKC, and we all know he's legit. Clint Capela has yet to sign a contract, and he reported that 12-18 million dollar deal back in February way before we saw Capela dominate Gobert and KAT and the Rockets won 65 games.

The Rockets could have very well been interested in signing Josh Smith again, but went a different direction. Things change.

Again, you're just being stubborn. Things are fluid whether you like it or not. Whether it's a joke or not. Still, he's not Burt Steele or Potato Head. He's like a 26 year old that made it to USA Today. Put some respek on the man's name.

edit: No point of talking about it. You convinced me he isn't credible.

#72 oogie boogie, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Remember when 97% of this board was excited for Sam Dekker? Lol.

Grayson is his little brother.

amaru likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Grayson is a much, much, much better shooter. He's a player who would work on a team like the Rockets where he could be nothing but a bench shooter but on most teams I think he'll fail.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta disagree with you on this one, Bobby.

Allen can bust it from downtown like nobody's business, but is also a superb athlete. Capable of making tough shots all over the court, (including finishing )not just camping out at the line. GA should be at worst an adequate defender in the NBA...especially within the team concept.And he's got great court vision/ passing skills...While his handles aren't the best, he's underrated here.
    Grayson will thrive in the NBA, and be a steal for whoever gets him.

- While I'm not crazy about his tripping antics, he's got a competitive fire that when combined with the aforementioned skills should make some team VERY happy over the next 11 - 13 years.

#75 Plowman, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    joshuaao and raining threes like this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Draft Rob Gray.

Plowman likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

He probably reminds Ainge of himself - a hothead who can shoot.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, it was a drastic over-simplification on my part. I just meant that he's a poor defender and amazing 3 point shooter. On defense, he lacks the size, length, footwork, and quickness to hang with NBA SG's. He can make up for some of his shortcomings with effort but he'll never be a solid defender.

I think much like Steph Curry, when it comes to Grayson Allen's offense everything stems from his 3 point shooting. The fear of his jumper will lead to some easy assists and open lanes for him to drive...but I don't think he's necessarily that good at those things naturally. Of course what matters is results, no one cares why something works, just that it works.

Plowman likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

For what's it worth; Givony has us choosing:

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You don't move up in the draft for a player like Grayson. That would be ...... well just dumb. Players like that come a dime a dozen. There will be players like him going undrafted.

amaru and mockster like this.