1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston gang misusing the Texans logo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Baytown had a gang in the early '90s, UNLV, same situation as this.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In Iraq/Afghanistan?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Gangs primarily sell drugs, so maybe figure that out before pining for Fallujah.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why would you go to a bar/club/dance place wearing Texans/Astros/Rockets/Dynamo or any other SPORTS logo? That's what you get. If the public event or public gathering or is not about that team or that sport, in particular, don't wear that team's insignia/logo/mascot... that's easy... besides a classless act, it's just silly. :eek:

Also, I shake my head at people who wear other team's logos and jerseys other than the ones playing at the place... like people who wear Barcelona or Mexico jerseys to the Dynamo game. Jeez. :rolleyes: They're not playing.

FYI, the gang or whoever they're trying to ban ISN'T "misusing" the logo.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I was about to post that I recall a gang by that name existed or at least was talked about back in the 80's.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1983 -- The Year the Smurfs Attacked.

It all started in Houston. Newsweek picked up the story, and even Snopes created an Urban Legend entry.

So did it really happen.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/2008/07/the_year_the_smurfs_attacked.php

btw: there's also talk of Oompa Loompas in England.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Houstone / Tango wear both. Plus the city of Houston skyline stickers on their cars. I thought everyone knew this. I mean who doesn't watch Gangland?

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Delete.

#28 HR Dept, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  9. da1

da1 Member

Yep houstone especially for astros

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

UFC fights at sports bars are the worst. I brings in the most stupid, violent people in the area. You could be in the Southwest side or you could be in Pearland and you get the same type of Neanderthals. I tried 2 a Days once on a fight night and there were white guys with tats and affliction shirts everywhere trying to start fights.

It's a sport that attracts thugs.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I actually like how the logo looks. The Texans logo as the base, with the Rockets logo as the red horn. Sometimes you see the Astros "H" star over the Texans star.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is ok, most girls don't have those logos, so there will be more of them for the guys that aren't repping.

DD

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Can anyone post a picture of the Texans/Rockets/Astros logo? I've seen some on people's cars that look like a mix of all three logos but didn't know that was a gang sign

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Texans should go after the gangs for copyright infringement. That'll show 'em!

I remember the Smurg gang thing from elementary school. I was at Aldine ISD (Sammons Elementary) in north Houston. They definitely did it when I was in 2nd grade which would have been the 1982-83 school year, but I think they did this a couple school years. The teachers handed out notices on little slips of paper warning about gang activity by a gang called the Smurfs who were seeking revenge after the death of their leader Papa Smurf. I was worried. When I was a bit older I realized that was a really ****ed-up thing for teachers to do. Kinda like the training we got to not pick up guns if we happen to find one discarded at the playground. Or the visit to the police station where they told us all the street names for cocaine in its different forms. Gangs were big news in the early 80s, but that was messed up. But I've always wondered if that Smurf memory was a false one, or too twisted up since I was so young at the time.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I never get this "rule" and why people are bothered by this. In this case, it was just a hat. A hat. Does he need a seperate MMA hat to wear to watch fights Thats silly.

Grown men caring way too much and being bothered about what others are wearing, while telling them fashion do's and don'ts. LOL

If some douche wants to wear an affliction shirt, with a dynamo hat and Rockets shorts to a bar, whats it matter to you?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's some strong chick repellent.

That's up there with walking into the bar with these

[​IMG]

17. theimpossibles1

You should reconsider your very existence.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: OK.
    You make a good point, but now there is an association between that team's logo and a gang, at a public place that has nothing to do with that team's logo. :eek:

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can anyone post one of these mixed logos? I can't find one.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

pinchi cholos