1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Dynamo 2006 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by halfbreed, Oct 15, 2006.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Regular season...you might be right. In this format, that's not entirely the case. You don't know what's going to happen on the return leg. You've got to get the advantage in the first game if at all possible. That said, if a team does have the advantage going into the 2nd leg, it certainly raises the possiblity of playing not to lose.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

One thing about this Dynamo team is they play a very aggressive style, the only times I can remember them bunkering in is after a red card when they are a man down and at the end of hot day games when their energy level is down. Chivas also play a very attacking game which should make this a good match-up. Unless we just demolish them this weekend the return leg should be a very entertaining game. Also, the return leg has been moved from 3 PM to 7 PM on the 29th.

Here's a preview of the Western Conference games, Houston-Chivas is at the end.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=386084&root=mls&cc=5901

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Brandon Backe says: Go Orange!!!

[​IMG]

4. rememberPete

rememberPete Contributing Member

Many of the supporters will be at the Mezzanine Lounge (59 and Greenbriar) for the game. You can get steak, fries and a pint for $12. Also, it's $2.50 for any pint.

I think we may all need a drink after another Texans drubbing. ;)

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Wow, Ching just got screwed! There should have been a penalty kick!

65:00

6. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

blew a great opp in the 87th min....oh man goalie made the stop look easy

7. halfbreed

2-1 Chivas.

1 goal isn't bad at all. A win at Robertson gives us at least a penalty shootout to advance.

8. JuLiO-R-

9. halfbreed

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_new...tent_id=76764&vkey=pr_hou&fext=.jsp&team=t200

10/23/2006 11:13AM
    Houston Mayor Bill White to make proclamation declaring Oct. 29 as "Go Orange!" Day
    Houston Dynamo Media Relations

HOUSTON, TX - Houston Mayor Bill White will make a proclamation declaring Sunday, October 29 as "Go Orange!" Day, it was announced today.

"The whole city is excited and proud of our Dynamo", said Mayor White. "We wish them good luck and look forward to celebrating Houston's first championship soccer team."

The proclamation will be made at City Hall on Tuesday, October 24, at 9:00 a.m. The Houston Dynamo will close its first-round playoff series against Chivas USA this Sunday. Chivas took the first leg of this playoff series, winning 2-1.

Dynamo All-Star Eddie Robinson and President and General Manager Oliver Luck will be present at the event, where Mayor White will also receive a few gifts from the Dynamo.

"We would like to thank Mayor White for taking the time to give us his support, and for encouraging the city of Houston to support us as we make our first trip to the playoffs. We hope sports fans behind the Dynamo in its series against Chivas USA", said Luck.

"The Dynamo is an exciting team to watch. It's no wonder they are in the playoffs their first year in Houston. This success has inspired the early fans and has gained new ones. I wish them all the success," stated Council Member Adrian Garcia.

The second game of the home-and-home series is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. CT.

To purchase Dynamo playoff tickets, please call our ticket hotline at 713-276-7500.

WHAT: Mayor Bill White to make proclamation declaring Sunday, October 29 as "Go Orange!" Day.

WHO: Houston Mayor Bill White; Houston Dynamo President and General Manager Oliver Luck; Houston Dynamo All-Star Defender Eddie Robinson

WHERE: Houston City Hall; 901 Bagby St.; Houston, TX 77002; Council Chambers, second floor.

WHEN: Tuesday, October 24; 9:00 a.m.

10. JuLiO-R-

Who?

[​IMG]

"I'm very surprised with how well the Dynamo have done this season. I wish them all the luck in the world in their run to the championship," said Jones.

11. DrLudicrous

I can't wait for the game this Sunday, it's do or die time and I think there will be a good crowd at Robertson for the game.

12. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

If the Texans win I will be in a great mood and I will show up

13. halfbreed

I wish I could be there. Hopefully the Dynamo can host the Western Conference Finals and I can make it to that one.

14. JuLiO-R-

Will the team with the higher seed get to play at home? If that's the case we would need to advance with the Rapids. Is that how it works?

15. DrLudicrous

Yes, Colorado will have to advance for us to host the next round. But even if they don't it's not that far of a trip up to Dallas.

16. halfbreed

The Houston Texans also support the Dynamo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

nice find, joe.

18. DrLudicrous

La Mafia in the Orange.

[​IMG]

19. halfbreed

FC Dallas loses on PKs!!!!

If the Dynamo advance to the next round, they will host the Conference Finals!!

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Are any of these games on TV?