1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Depth '14-'15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jul 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kchin

kchin Member

There is no way we'll be a 4th seed again. We've regressed with the losses of players this offseason. I see SA, OKC, LAC, GS, POR, DAL being ahead of us in the seedings. We might be better than MEM, so we'll be fighting for 7th or 8th.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we will finish top 4, we didn't lose our 2 best players and only 1 of our starting 5 so there is no need to panic.

and if we get the playoff Dwight Howard, we will push up even higher

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'll give you Portland and the first three teams you mentioned- but neither Golden State nor Dallas are better than us as currently constructed. Golden State hasn't added anybody. And while Dallas brought in Parsons- they did so at the price of Marion and Carter (Calderon is also gone). They'll be in the playoffs and they might beat us in H2H but short of a big trade on their part or an injury on ours, they're not leapfrogging us.

I should also mention that while we lost Parsons (a move that frustrated me) we have similar production in Ariza. We lost 15 minutes per game of Asik, and a redudant and replacable player in Lin. We didn't make leaps and bounds this offseason, but don't act like we fell apart either. We are, more or less, the same caliber team (a top 5 seed with a ceiling of the 2nd round).

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Roster depth updated 9/1:

*After Terry Trade & assuming trade is for Gee, Hopson, and Powell

Preseason roster: 18

PG: Beverley, Canaan, Smith
    SG: Harden, Terry, Daniels, Johnson
    SF: Ariza, Papanikolaou, Covington, Garcia
    PF: Jones, Motiejunas, Adrien, Capela
    C: Howard, Dorsey, T. Black

Final Roster Guarantees: 12

PG: Beverley, Canaan
    SG: Harden, Daniels, Johnson, Terry(will be kept for contract purposes for trade)
    SF: Ariza, Papanikolaou
    PF: Jones, Motiejunas, Capela
    C: Howard

Will have to battle to not get cut in training camp: Can only take 3 out of these 6

-Smith, Covington, Garcia, Adrien, Dorsey, Black

-Black is a given to get cut first. The fact that Johnson can play PG I think Ish Smith ends up getting cut 2nd. Last cut I think goes to Covington. The guy has a great 3 point shot, and I like his potential defensively, but I think at the end of the day they will find more usefulness out of Garcia & keeping Adrien & Dorsey as insurance in case Howard goes down with an injury.

*IMO, guaranteed contracts really don't matter to Morey unless the salary is needed for trades or cap purposes. Even someone like Garcia, who would seem like a lock isn't guaranteed anything. We are talking about the same GM that cut about 7 million in guaranteed salary in training camp a few years ago.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

A team featuring Howard and Harden fighting for 7th or 8th? LMAO please stfu....

6. callmened

callmened Member

As a new yorker who saw a lot of bk games I can assure you that jet Terry has nothing left. I thought it was foolish to trade gee 4 him.

I think they should go after blatche and/or sessions

7. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Hopefully with the addition of Ariza Harden can take some defensive pointers from him. This guy tends to take complete plays off on defense...its disgusting to watch!

1 person likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Given the fact that Parsons and Ariza are largely a wash...

You're saying the loss of Jeremy Lin and a marginally used Omer Asik is the difference between home court advantage and barely making the playoffs?

Hmm...interesting take!

9. callmened

callmened Member

I dont think ariza and parsons is a wash. If anything ariza may be better because of his defense

As a new yorker, I can tell you first hand that jet terry is done. I dont know why they gave up an underrated young talent like gee for a washed up player

Is capala, playing this yr or is he going overseas?

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

agreed some posters going off the deep end with this offseason..also the addition of daniels to a whole season..

11. SuperManRocketz

dont really see us makin the playoff this season.

1 person likes this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

Man, I hope my sarcasm meter is broken.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

His post history tells the story.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought lin only nut huggers left the board.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. So you see it too?

16. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

why are people who joined in July 2014 even allowed to post. This guy had Lin in his user name 6 months ago.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

I find it entertaining when you guys pop up using words like "We" and "Us"
    as if it makes your ruse more believable.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Me too it's either they're not welcome in lakers ground

Or they're still butthurt

Or both :grin:

Haven't seen a more delusional group of fans

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

For all those idiots saying Garcia is going to get cut, he's here to stay so eat your heart out!

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Bring back T-Mac!! He's training with Kobe. I'm sure he's good for 15 mins a night off the bench and he brings veteran leader ship.