1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

do you just troll for fun, or do you even read the posts you troll?

he put in there specifically that it compared the good, bad and ugly. he talked about certain teams being in beast mode and mentioned Alabama specifically. all you had to do was read the post and read the data of the teams he sampled to understand the point he was trying to make.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

lemons to lemonade.... SMH
    predictable as it gets

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

bats can fly with no vision. the pearl is in the river....LOL TNT DNA

1 person likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

About time? They have been in a bowl game every year since 2005 except last year and this should be their 3rd 10+ win season during that time span.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When you use raw stats, they're the former; when you adjust them for level of competition, they're closer to the latter.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I think that if you adjust it, they'd probably sit somewhere in the 80-90 range. They're not among the worst, but they're a noticeable step below average. They're only slightly behind TCU at yards and points per play. Who has a marginally higher SOS (about 20 spots higher), and whom nobody would say is "below average" on defense. It's hard to quantify, and I don't know what metrics those guys you linked to use. Like I said, we'll see what's really up when they play SMU, Tulsa, and hopefully Southern Miss, none of whom are proving to be slouches. (on offense, at least, heh...)

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's exactly where they are, they're severely hurt by the fact they gave up huge yards & points to otherwise pedestrian offenses like UTEP

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Well good, we're all in agreement then (I can't look at that site, btw, blocked by a work filter). I think 80-90 is "below average", you think it is "god awful". I can live with that. If we get our faces smashed in a BCS bowl, yall can feel free to laugh and point fingers and stuff. The money will make the taunting and I told you so's very tolerable. :)

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Exactly. I don't give a crap if UH makes it to a BCS bowl and gets the snot kicked out of them. They're going against BCS AQ teams who have tons more money. Let's just get some cash and keep building up the program. Haters gonna hate!

11. RedNews

RedNews Member

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Unless the Big East ceases to be a BCS Conference.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Boise State is probably thinking the same thing and Boise would play in the same division as UH.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Boise would rather beat up on Rice, UAB, Memphis, etc. I dont think they want legit competition every week.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Boise vs UH would be ridiculously fun to watch... That would make a great BCS matchup for fans but would be lousy for college football... They like different styles playing each other in the BCS.. which is a reason why I believe they would shun UH this season

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Whoever has the ball last will win that game.

18. AFS

AFS Member

Doubt it. Boise St.'s defense would probably come up with a couple of stops on our offense, whereas our defense wouldn't come up with any. It wouldn't be a blowout, but Boise St. would win by a touchdown or two.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Boise St. would get their arse kicked in. Houston 72 Boise St 11

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

C'mon man have some faith. On a big stage anything can happen and I think we could pull the upset.