1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars crashing the BCS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by panamamyers, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Is that going to be enough to make up 7-10 spots? Probably not.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It would suck if UH was undefeated and had to play in the Liberty Bowl. I think it would be cool if we could work a deal to go elsewhere.

Liberty Bowl = suck.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Robert Griffin done for the season torn ACL. Case almost followed Briles to Baylor but stayed when Griffin backed out of signing with Houston and went to Baylor instead. Funny how things workout.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

THat sucks for Griffin. I like him. Pretty much screwed up Baylors chance at anything.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah its fun to dream, but even as a UH fan I think it is premature and noobish behavior.

I feel the same way about people who automatically think UH is going to the Big 12 or SEC when we win a big game.

Make us look small and petty imo.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If UH can get past Miss State and Tulsa, they should run the table. Anything can happen, but based on their play against tough opponents, they certainly have a shot at it.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

One of my Finance classmates in '02 was a Powerdancer. U of H is in a big enough town that if you look hard enough you'll see some decent tail, and presumably in more flavors than you can find in Austin or College Station.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The University of Houston Cougars will definitely make the BCS.

Signed,

2008 East Carolina Pirates

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

I don't know if that still holds true... calipari left Memphis, so I don't know if they'll still be dominant. Good probably, but great?

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

We basically just eeked by Tech, I think Mississippi State could easily end this.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The Same Pirates that were destroyed at home by Da Coogs last season? We're not East Carolina trust me. This team is legit with one of the best qb's in football.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

True. They have a MUCH better QB.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think Houston has a good chance to go undefeated.. which means they'll probably finish somewhere in the top 10.. I can't see top 5.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

I saw the final score v LSU for miss st. It looked close, but how was it? Anyone see it?

15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

No one is disagreeing with that? I'm talking about which girls show up to the games and which don't considering there are a lot of pretty girls who attend UH. I mean this isn't Lubbock we're talking about. :p

16. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Texas just eeked by Texas Tech too, so it's not like Tech isn't a tough squad to beat at times.

There will not be 7-10 spots between UH and Boise State if they both win out. Boise State doesn't have much room to move assuming the top guys don't lose. UH will move by people that lose that are between Boise
    State and Houston at the moment.

If they both stay undefeated, I can't envision a scenario where BSU is more than 2 spots ahead of UH in the polls.

17. teknokid

teknokid Member

LSU had to stop Miss St 3rd and 1 & 4th and 1 on their 1 yard line to seal the game. It was even closer than the score shows.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Texas played horrible on both ends in each half. They played good D in the first half and then none in the 2nd. They played terrible O in the 1st half, then got going in the 2nd. Part of that had to do with Tech's defense, but mostly, it was Colt over throwing and receivers not catching. I don't think that's a good way to measure how good Tech is... Texas just didn't play consistent enough to make it a wider margin of victory.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No idea whether or not the Coogs will end up undefeated, but that was a helluva game last night.

Best of luck to all you Coog fans/alumni. What an exciting offense.

As a TCU grad/fan, we still have some tough games ahead before we can get excited

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

They were all waiting in the locker room and dorm to give Case & Crew their "hero's welcome".