1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Chronicle: Rockets' Asik finding his place alongside Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 24, 2013.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Omer Asik on the Rockets horrible start: &quot;“We should never start sleepy. We know that.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/396860795088158720">November 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Plus,
    Ömer Faruk Aşık, no bullsh**ter!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Both of those guys were better offensive players than omer and Dwight are.

They were two way players.

DD

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

This twin towers front court is not going to work. Defensively, theyre stout but offensively theres just no spacing. There's no driving lanes to attack to the basket. Opposing defenses just clog the paint at all times.

4. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Scola needed to go because we were trying to create cap space to sign star players like Howard, and Scola couldn't perform to the level of his contract.

By the way, I was one of those that wanted Scola gone because he couldn't defend his position. Scola can't stop anyone at the rim AND he can't close out on perimeter shooters. I also want to KEEP Asik. I value defense and so should anyone interested in winning real basketball games.

5. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I hope an Asik/Millsap trade happens,I really think he would be a great fit,underrated and he just makes 8 mil for 2 years so won't stop us getting either LMA or KLove.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

After three games, our scoring is better than last season's first three games, opponent's scoring is lower, point differential is better, record is better. What are the number's you're looking at?

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

of course, he has no problem with the current situation. he is in the starting lineup. he is our starting center. what else he needs to complain? no one should forget he wasn't happy before.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I dont have any numbers or stats in particular, I just go by what I see. Rockets struggle in their half court offense when both Dwight and Asik are playing together.

Just look at their slow starts in the bobcats and jazz game compared to the high scoring first half of the Mavs game where Asik got two quick fouls and had to go to the bench in the first minute of the game. It is no coincidence that the offense picks up when one of our centers is not in the game.

Having said that, I value Asik's defense and rebounding and would not trade him unless we get better value in return, but he certainly cannot start next to Howard.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

This isn't me picking qt Asik but every time I watch him in an interview he looks and sounds like he is on the verge of tears. That just me?

10. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Are you serious?? To win it all, especially in the playoffs (and not beginning of regular season), we NEED THE TWIN TOWERS II

11. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

yes sir! Preach!

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

I think MILLsap is way overrated
    an additional 1st round pick from Hawks is needed.

13. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Defense matters more in the playoffs. I don't care about offense as we still score a shiet load of points because we're a deep team. Final Five minutes should be lock-down defense(Twin Towers), at least one shooter(Cisco or Casspi), and at least one playmaker(Harden or Lin).

14. Champ06

Champ06 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Omer Asik on the Rockets horrible start: &quot;“We should never start sleepy. We know that.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/396860795088158720">November 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    C'mon Asik, If Rockets did not start sleepy in the first half, you guys will blow Jazz out of the planet. Have some leniency, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.......