1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston again exploring trade for Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2014.

1. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Ryan Anderson: 8.5M a year for the next 2 years.
    It would be a steal if we can somehow get him for the Pelicans pick and Dmo.

He makes it much easier for us to part with Parsons.

2. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

If we can get Anderson and Deng, it would be a very successful offseason.

C-Howard
    PF-Anderson / Jones
    SF-Deng / Covington
    SG-Harden / Daniels
    PG-Beverley / Canaan

3. treeman

treeman Member

That is a nice, well-rounded starting 5 right there.

And we could still keep several guys we want back, have money to go after a few bench guys.

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

There are only so many great players to come by.

C'mon, I am not even sure Parsons is a $15M per year player, but he is getting paid that because the Mavs have extra cap space and willing to do the bidding war. Also, they probably figured they either get Parsons or screw Rox by limiting their cap space, haha. The Cuban scam!!

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Meh...I'd rather keep the picks and Dmo.

Anderson barely ever plays...Dmo is still a baby too

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Agreed, I still wish we would have gone harder after Lowery, picked a backup big like hawse and a defensive wing. Go with our 2 young improving PF's .

7. basketballholic

Me too. We could probably pull Ilyasova, Delfino, and either a first rounder (for taking that salary from Milwaukee) or at the very least a couple second rounders or perhaps a first round pick swap along with the Pelies pick by simply sending Casspi to Milwaukee as part of the Asik outgoing salary to the Pelies. Delfino is still a perfect fit here. And Ilyasova is on a more reasonable contract. And we should be able to get a pick coming our way for that salary dump from Milwaukee.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bite me, wuss.

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Have Faith Rockets Fans.
    DMorey will do something to make us better

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Anderson + Deng makes up for the loss of Bosh.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Trade for Anderson, sign Deng, acquire a capable backup C. I guess that is all we can ask for at this point. I'm so sad.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Still lots of options.

Ilyasova
    Josh Smith
    Ryan Anderson
    Milsap
    Hordord(?)
    Gasol (doubt it though)

Could even keep TJ at PF and go after Rondo, which I've always been a fan of!

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I am not interested. Don't like. Wrong direction.

14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Lol at this

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I have a personal thing against this guy. Do not want

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Plus: perhaps better fit offensively for this team than even Bosh. Relatively cheap. Knows how to play with Dwight. Potentially available.

Negatives: ALWAYS injured - more than 64 games only once in ) years. Bad rebounder. Allergic to defense.

Negatives are too big and win out IMO. Not that I'd prefer Josh Smith or anything. If I'm in the Smith/Anderson trade arena I'm looking at Ilyasova first. Also only 2 yrs left at under $8 per year. A decent shooter. Also plays some defense. Better rebounder at this point than Anderson and Smith, though still not great.

Not sure any of those are great options but whatevs.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Anderson is not a star but he is very good.

He is the best perimeter shooting big man in the NBA and also finishes well under the rim. His rebounding is underrated mostly because they have him defend the P&R away from the basket and on offense he is usually 20 feet from the basket. This he gets less opportunities. Defensively he is below average but is able to switch at the right times and is athletic enough to keep teams honest. He is an upgrade defensively over what we had last year.

Also his contract is short and easily movable if another star becomes available.

I doubt it happens but a trade for Rondo and Anderson would go a long way to helping the Rockets in the short term.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

That ought to make Zboy proud. Exactly what he wanted.

19. fluors

fluors Member

Ryan Anderson vs Terrence Jones:
    Defensively, both TJones and Ryno are both bad. Someone like Aldridge would torch either of them. Ryno is a better three point sniper but TJones is a more efficient player, with better FG%, eFG%, TS%, PER; and more important, has a much better Win Share (WS) of +7.2 games compared to Ryno's +2.2 games. Based on last season's WS, TJones was 5 games better as a Rocket than Ryno was in New Orleans. TJones' NetRtg is also higher at +4.1 ppg (Rockets are 4.1 ppg better with him on the floor) whereas Pelicans are only +1.7 ppg better with Ryno on the floor; TJones was +3.17 ppg more valuable to his team than Ryno was to the Pelicans. Ryno's 3ptFG% (40.9%) is very good compared to TJones 3ptFG% of 30.9%, and, Ryno is an elite FT shooter (95.2%), but, ultimately TJones had a much bigger impact on the outcome of games for the Rockets last season than Ryan Anderson did in New Orleans (how much of that was due to injury I don't know). Anyway, the Pelicans are not giving up Ryno.

Ryan Anderson: Games Played = 22; PPG = 19.8; FG% = 43.8; 3ptFG% = 40.9; FT% = 95.2; efG = 53.2; TS% = 57.2; +/- = +1.4; PER = 18.89; RPG = 6.5; Blks = 0.3; AST = 0.8; TOV = 0.9; OffRtg = 110.8; DefRtg = 109.1; Net Rtg = +1.7 pts; WAR = +1.70 (36th amongt he 88 PFs in the league); WS = +2.3 games; ORPM = +3.05 (ranked 4th among the 88 PFs in the league); DRPM = -1.87 (ranked 81st among the 88 PFs in the league); Total RPM = +1.18 (ranked 26th among the 88 PFs in the league); xRAPM (Off) = +4.15; xRAPM (Def) = -2.13; Total xRAPM = +2.02; Min = 36.1; Age = 26; Salary Cap Hit = $8.49M (two years remaining).

Terrence Jones: Games Played = 76; PPG = 12.1; FG% = 54.2 on 9.4 FGA; 3ptFG% = 30.7; FT% = 60.5; efG = 56.4; TS% = 57.7; +/- = +1.6; PER = 19.14; RPG = 6.9; Blks = 1.3; AST = 1.1; TO = 0.9; OffRtg = 101.9; DefRtg = 105.8; Net Rtg = +4.1 pts; WAR = + 1.22 games (ranked 38th among the 88 PFs in the league); WS = +7.3 games; ORPM = +0.49 (ranked 23rd among the 88 PFs in the league); DRPM = -1.91 (ranked 82nd among the 88 PFs in the league); Total RPM = -1.42 (ranked 50th among the 88 PFs in the league); xRAPM (Off) = +0.87; xRAPM (Def) = -1.45; Total xRAPM = -0.58; Min = 27.3; Age = 22; Salary Cap Hit = $1.6M.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/teams/HOU.html [xRAPM (Off), xRAPM (Def), Total xRAPM]
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6 [WAR, ORPM, DRPM, Total RPM, PER; PPG, Age]
    http://stats.nba.com/teamPlayers.html?TeamID=1610612740 [Basic Box Score Stats]
    http://stats.nba.com/teamPlayers.html?TeamID=1610612740&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=PerGame [Advanced Box Score Stats]
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2014.html#all_advanced [Win Shares and Salaries].

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Anderson would be nice.