1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House wants to stay in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't give a damn about the morality and ethics of it. This is a game. It's a game we want to win. This can end up 2 ways:

1) He plays this season and becomes an RFA in the summer;
    2) He doesn't play this season and becomes an RFA this summer.

House is up for option 1, we don't know if Morey is. Tell Danuel a big offer is not on the table. Tell Morey the worst offer in this history of the NBA is also not in consideration. If we lose him in the summer, THAT's when you can say it's not a big deal. He's not THAT good to worry about losing him in the beginning of the summer.

IT IS a big deal to lose him mid season after he played well and we have exactly 1 rotation worthy forward and multiple injuries. So stupid. So much ego involved from all sides.

#61 Mathloom, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    roxallways, Deckard, jcf and 6 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Both of those are great points .

I can't argue the first one

I also agree that he's likely to finish this year on the bench . If he's makin 2 mil a year for the next 3 , then I'm perfectly cool with that.

His value right now is depth ... and currently we need depth .

I do think house is a better small 4 than anyone on the roster outside of PJ (and technically harden lol ) .

As far as the system creating his production ... yes . But the system will remain the same . Harden will be here .

topfive likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify and stopped reading at "business" ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless you are in the NFL

Rocket River

heypartner and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Variance .

Ennis has looked pretty good at some points this season . He has also looked deplorable at times .

But I get what you are saying . House plays under control WAY better than Ennis

topfive likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Supporting Member

In truth it's not, that's just some sh*t owners and GM's like to say when they're about to f*ck an agent up.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a strange way of saying his 45-Day limit of playing on a 2-way expired, and Rockets aren't allowed to play him anymore.

BeBreezy and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep yep yep.

All of that being said, I still think they'll reach a compromise just after the trade deadline and that he'll be around for a few years. And I'd love to see that, because he's worth that money as injury insurance if nothing else.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A meeting with House and his agent
    should focus on his mindset and willingness or the lack of it to play for Houston. It seems to me that he is still pissed off.

I do like him, and I think Morey should have tried to come to a slightly better deal eg 2yrs 4 M. However, it might be better to package him with Chriss's 3.2 M expiring contract and a top 20 1st rounder to acquire Prince.
    He is on a 2 yr contract and the Rockets can retain him as a RFA in the future. My assumption here is that Atlanta might
    not want to give Prince a 7-8 M contract, but I could be wrong, since it wouldn't be a big one. The Hawks have a talented player in Bembry, perhaps they maybe willing to move Prince.

#69 saleem, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think the better question to ask is, “does he know his rights?”

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When your team makes a foolish decision that hurts the team they kind of deserve to be **** on for it.

jcf likes this.
  12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

nothing wrong with it, just don't want to give someone who had trouble making a team before so much option

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

then tell House to take it up with Harden and CP3, both of whom are hogging his rightful inheritance ;)

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Don't get me started on CP3's bs contract. What kind of guy that wants to win a championship takes an axe to their ability to add quality players.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Personally. I think that is the plan.
    You know Morey will make trades.
    More flexible when you have an open roster spot.
    I think House will sign one year minimum after the trade deadline.
    Edwards is so garbage. Can't believe Morey wasted money to buy the pick. Should've take Greek Freak 2.0.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

um . . . CP3? :D

17. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Dude. You have serious issues. You are way too obsessed with that man.

BTW... It's TILMAN

topfive likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Mr. Agent, I've decided it's in my best interests to end our relationship and retain the services of someone smarter."

"Danuel, my friend, I'm afraid you can't do that. Clause 34.11a.33.25b.30.17 of the CBA says, 'Players are not allowed to replace their agents under any circumstances.'"

"Really? It says that? Okay, then. Never mind."

D-rock likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I hear BJ Armstrong is looking to pick up a few new clients

Smacktle, topfive and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This statement is technically correct but not useful. The issue is in how you (putting yourself in the player's shoes) calculate what is beneficial. This is game theory.

There is no one right answer about what type of contract would be right for House, because we can't totally quantify the opportunity costs / what would happen to him if he fails to reach an agreement with the Rockets.

He potentially has a lot more to lose (a career) than the Rockets do (a good player), so that also has to be factored in, not just maximizing $$.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.