1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House wants to stay in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 22, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes I absolutely think the rockets will let him rot on the original 3 year .

Our GM is all about value and our owner is cheap

RHU525, bilaal14 and juanm34 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Also , longer this drags on the worse this will be for both parties this season .

House isn't playing at all right now

There is a good probability that when he comes back he is out of rhythm . Whether or not he finds his form again is a question .

If we wait until march to sign House because we were just trying to see all our options .... I can understand that . But if House comes back out of shape and with a cold jumper .... I hope it was worth it .

He's not playing in the g league . He's not practicing with the team . There is only so much a player can do on his own to be ready.

This is a situation that should have already been resolved. Waiting it out might help us lock him up long term , but it makes us worse this season if we waited for nothing (nothing good in buyout market) ... THIS is the year we should be focusing on . Harden is playing at goat level THIS season .

We are wasting it

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

@BimaThug i was just wondering, since we didn't use the BAE this season cause we used it for Luc in 2017/18, assuming we convert House for this season and extend a QO in free agency, if a team signs him to a 3/4M per year contract, can we match that with the BAE or that would hard cap us?

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets did not use their BAE on Mbah a Moute. They signed him for the vet minimum. They used their BAE on Tarik Black last year. Hence, the BAE is unavailable this season.

Even if the BAE were available, its use would hard cap the Rockets at the apron level, and the Rockets’ current total team salary is already in excess of the apron level.

For that same reason, don’t expect them to use the BAE next season, either.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh that's true, i ****ed up :confused: thanks

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Danuel House is probably sweating in his shitty apartment right about now... If Daryl Morey finds a stud SF in the next couple of weeks, yikes.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

$400 a day compared to $8500 a day with the Rockets.

Him and his agent are idiots.

Having said that, fully expect the Rockets and House to come to a deal after the deadline and buyout market has dried up.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Does he actually think someone is going to offer him more than the vet min on a one year deal next season?

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Exactly.. dude is averaging 9 points a game in an offensive system that inflates numbers. That three year deal secures my future.. maybe he spends like a demon though.

BasketMAD, vince and napalm06 like this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He knows his rights.

vince, ramotadab and Why not? like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Whew, what an insult. :cool:

vince, ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Morey is going to grab a wing at the trade deadline.

House would be smart to get back out there.

luckyman76, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Imagine the energy with Faried and House on the court at the same time.

He’s missing out.

14. Mr. Space City

it's like he forgets he was waived by the rockets and anybody could have picked him up off waivers and NOBODY wanted him.

outside of rockets fans. this guy is a nobody in casual nba circles.

it's not hard to look decent when the entire defense is zoned in on harden and he's giving you these looks

[​IMG]

house would get exposed without playing next to harden and getting those type of looks.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I don’t. I have made peace that he might not come back.

1. Morey has already struck gold twice on the buyout maket (despite CFs negative attitudes about it)
    2. We still have the MLE
    3. We are getting better by the day (w/o him)
    4. With CP3 returning we will likely go on a hot streak.
    5. We have a whole starting spot to offer...on a contending team.
    6. Morey has been known to be cutthroat in negotiations. See DMo.
    7. If he won’t sign for the minimum beyond this season, then his value is relative to the production a buyout candidate can provide and I imagine the FO will value a vet of a guy who has started 12 games.
    8. He is adamant about being paid now!(Even though just last month no one in the league wanted to sign him to a non- guaranteed minimum deal)
    9. Morey is adamant about finding players on multiple years at minimum.
    10. Three separate trades Chinau, MCW and Melo all traded, for nothing but luxury tax savings. It is clear Morey has a mandate to find cheap labor.

This is a unstoppable force vs an inmoveable object.

cbs1507, vince, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's not an insult .

I just think that if the rockets sign him to a 3-year min .... then they are gonna pay him the min for 3 years . Lol

napalm06 and ramotadab like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ala Chandler Parsons

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm sure some trash like JR Smith, Robin Lopez, or Chandler Parsons will be available soon to grab this roster spot

BasketMAD, RudyTBag and ramotadab like this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I just don’t think House is a very smart guy. I get why he wants to get paid NOW, but he’s overplaying his hand and it’s going to burn him in the end. He’s worth the minimum, and maybe just slightly more than that, but sitting out and doing nothing isn’t helping him at all professionally. He needs to be playing, and the Rockets know that as much as anyone, which is why they will sit on this as long as it takes. It’s good business, but it’s not really a good look for the organization. The only real winner in all of this is Chris Paul and his ridiculous albatross of a contract.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he needs to stop listening to his agent

house has only 1 chance to get paid.. even less of a chance to get paid big. House needs to think about himself.

his agent by strong arming the rockets will have multiple chances to get paid and get paid big later and/or with other clients. His agent care's more about his other opportunities.

D-rock likes this.