1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Ennis debate: Did Ennis lose his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 26, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This....beo guys struggle but gordan n gg are 3 point shooter. Shooter slump u still let them shot. Clark is not a proven 3 point shooter. He doesnt get that shooters pass yet

2. Mr. Space City

Don’t really understand the Clark love.

I think he’s ok but he still has a long way to go offensively and the team needs shooters and slashers.

mike2k132 likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly once clark gets to ariza level 3 then ill start him.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He also doesnt do anything horrible on the court too. With james all u need are people to space. Even if they arent hitting. If the opposing team respects them lanes are open for james. Spacing is the most important then on offense. Ask gsw n green. Nobody respects his shoot this year. Once he gets respectable they will start killing teams again

Bo6 and Mr. Space City like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cause people love guys that hustle n the what not.They can relate to that. But smart fans gotta understand its a skill game at the end of the day to back up the hustle as well. Like it kills me people like Isiah or joe chee before him. They see a guy being scrappy...i just see guys falling all over the place n the game to fast for them

#45 mike2k132, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know if House has beaten out Ennis. But right now, House's ability to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket coupled with his more physical presence in the paint certainly gives him some advantages.

When CP comes back, I think Gordon will still start. House will continue to get backup PF minutes and Rivers will probably be ahead of Green.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotta say, I was wrong about House. He didn't show me enough in pre-season, but now that he's getting real minutes in real games, I love the smart plays he makes and his strong effort.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Same. He has a nice mix of knowing his role but also being aggressive. His sturdy build allows him to be effective in switches. I like the added vertical "athleticism" he brings to the floor as well.

Crashlanded19 and topfive like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Ennis reminds me of a slightly better brewer.

House also bring a driving element that I like which adds more versatility to our attack

mike2k132 likes this.
  10. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

Ennnis is a 10th/11th man that should play 10-15 mins if there are either injuries or b2b. Not a regular rotation player.

House is a 7th or 8th man that should play the swings with Green to deepen our rotation. We're srill missing a real starting 3 and a real backup big man.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I really like what he brings to us defensively. We need someone in our starting lineup that can guard 1-4 and any given moment and Clark has shown great defensive prowess on matchups as well as general team defense. We excelled last year because Ariza could switch 1-4 and Tucker could switch 2-5 and that gave other teams a lot of problems. Not to mention Capela's ability to stay in front of guards and Harden's ability to guard the post.

Offensively, however, he is a big negative until he can hit the 3 at a defensive clip.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I have not seen this defensive ability you speak of. Clark has very slow side to side feet. His only hope is if he develops anticipation n a deadly 3. He is not a rotational playeron a playoff team. Facts. N remeber im not saying he wont developed one day. But not now

13. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Nah, you can definitely play him a few minutes. He's been a net positive pretty much every game...

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Did mike2k132 delete this post or something? I can't find it. Anyway, the Rockets are definitely going to need to pick up a solid 3+D wing. No way they're going far in the Playoffs starting House, Clark, or Ennis. Morey better not be acting cheap and thinking that's a possibility.

mike2k132 likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U misunderstand me a few mins yes. Basically exactly how they been playing him as of late. Really limited spot mins. No where near as much as u shpuld play house n green.

16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

too bad he just couldn't shake off his personal demons. RIP

mac_got_this likes this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would much rather we get someone other than House or Ennis to start! Either guy is fine as a bench guy, but neither one is a legit NBA starter (yet).

Needs to said: I'm not sure what House has done to justify people raving that he has taken Ennis' spot though?
    Defensively House hasn't been wonderful - check the advanced stats on it - Ennis has been a positive impact on both ends of the floor.
    Offensively Ennis has been better than most on the board here will admit. For some reason he copped the blame for Paul and Gordon starting the season ice cold (probably because he was the 'Ariza replacement?')

But take a look at the shooting numbers:
    House .29.6% form 3 and 23.5% in the corner
    Ennis is 36.3% from 3 and a scorching 53.8% from the corner (Tucker is 50.8% from corner 3, and we rave about his shooting from there).

House turns it over more, shoots worse, has less defensive impact - the only thing he does better is rebound.

I love both guys energy! And House clearly has a larger offensive repertoire - I hope he keeps working on his defensive game so we can keep using him! His energy and athleticism are great! But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Ennis slot straight back in ahead of him when healthy - he is one guy who could hold his head up after the first month of the season.

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U misunderstand me a few mins yes. Basically exactly how they been playing him as of late. Really limited spot mins. No where near as much as u shpuld play house n green.
    N actually im very excite now. The ship has stop sinking. N u are right about ur take. We need a 3. The good thing is that might be the only thing we need. I thought it was so bad we needed another star like bulter. But james has righted the ship n let morey know its fixable with just a wing. Thats really easy to get with them 4 1sts lol. Insert bazemore n we back to last year. very encouraging

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hope so

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

Whatever happened to GClark though he got that contract and havent seen him since