1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Ennis debate: Did Ennis lose his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 26, 2018.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure. But Gerald Green does nothing well on the court unless his shot is on, which is shaky at best.

I'd rather try to see what Clark can give with consistent minutes like House is getting, but I understand that probably isn't happening this year.

2. TheSource

TheSource Member

Our starting 5 should be :

CP3
    Harden
    House
    Tucker
    Capela

3. basketballholic

There's no question House is better. Ennis lacks bball iq and that isn't going to change. Ennis is trade fodder. If he's on the playoff roster then we've failed and likely ain't winning a championship because it will signify that we weren't able to even sign a bought out free agent to replace him.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

House has a confidence in his activity on the court. Even if his shot isn't falling, he never looks lost or overwhelmed.

#24 dc rock, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    BeBreezy, jsilencio, Caesar and 3 others like this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am for letting Ennis compete to get that spot back. He looked so lost out there with the starters in terms of what spots to be at and when to rotate. He mental part of the game wasn't there, maybe he needs more time to get it. Hopefully the time off right now is allowing him to study film more and analyze where he has to be and how to rotate and help with space. House has done a pretty good job at picking that up quickly, but House as more at stake for him to do so.

I think Ennis is the better player overall but if House beats him at the mental game and effort then Ennis isn't getting his starting spot back.

I know the Rockets bench is weak but there is a lot of potential in it with guys like Ennis, House, Rivers, Knight, Clark, Hartenstein but the problem is the Rockets are in "win now" and not lets wait till next year or the year after. The young guys need to grow up fast.

BaselineFade and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ennis needs to be waived, traded or benched.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ennis got benched when he was healthy anyway.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is the benefit of Starting House over Ego?

Rocket River

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pretty sure Ennis started for Memphis in the playoffs the year they played the Spurs in the first round and we played OKC 2 years ago. They played the Spurs tough too.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like house he’s a high level athlete and is everywhere on defense and grabs a lot of timely rebounds the last few games.

His shot is streaky but it always looks the same and he has no problem getting it off no matter how far or close he is guarded.

He’s a legit rotation piece at least for this season, he’s been consistently getting 8-10 ppg and we need that bad right now and moving forward whether he starts or doesn’t

saleem likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

House has impressed, but I'd rather have Ennis starting. Ennis can't do anything but play decent defense and spot up - I want that kind of guy starting with Harden, CP3 and Capela.

I think House can attack the basket a little bit while not being as good a catch and shoot player. We need a bit more of that off the bench, especially with EG in a "slump" and now he's starting.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ennis has averaged 8 ppg in 6 career playoff games.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No way on earth Ennis should be getting playing time over house, I would rather keep house starting over him and ennis get some playing time off the bench, I seriously dont understand why he was getting the reputation that he is good defender when we signed in the offseason, the guy's defense is average at sometimes but mostly below average and his feet movement is horrible.

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Crazy idea: play Gary Clark and James Ennis in addition to House.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

With EG being our valuable 6th man.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Thats why i keep saying cp3 harden green tucker clint.

Austin gordan house ennis nene bench

Then sit back n get the 1 seed book it. Just makes the most sense. We need to strengthen our bench. That bench lineup has fire power

17. saleem

With EG being our valuable 6th man.

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Thats why i keep saying cp3 harden green tucker clint.

Austin gordan house ennis nene bench

Then sit back n get the 1 seed book it. Just makes the most sense. We need to strengthen our bench. That bench lineup has fire power

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Clark not so much. Cant count on too many young guys now. Not saying clark bad but nothing wrong with just letting him watch n stew

saleem likes this.
  20. saleem

House is a better defender. That is why he is a better fit than Ennis.