1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Ennis debate: Did Ennis lose his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 26, 2018.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

I think MDA should keep House slotted at the 3 going forward (even when Ennis is healthy) thoughts?

My thought is the kid brings a different energy on defense, more consistent 3 ball when you need it and appears to be a natural fit with #13. (This all coming from a guy who has never been a fans of James Ennis)

I remember the kid from summer league this summer; all the hype was around our draft pick but House stole the show IMO.

Of course MDA could and probably will go an entirely different direction, but I think he should ride this one out until it doesn’t work anymore.

House is my new 3! What do you think?

2. DJ

DJ Member

I definitely like the idea of continuing to keep House in the lineup. He has a certain maturity about his game, he doesn't force anything, knows his role and seems to blend really well with the other players

3. Garner

Garner Member

Yea, Ennis isn’t so good that he deserves to handed it back to him.

Radical idea, but make them compete for the job.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't know about House, but I know for sure Ennis don't belong in the s5. I would much rather see Rivers, EG and Ennis coming off the bench with Nene after Chris gets healthy. We might be good that way.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ennis is a very awkward player who shows flashes of being able to make spectacular athletic finishes and in the same quarter is too slow or clumsy to pick up a loose ball right in front of him. he's frustrating to watch, especially as a starter. house has fit in well but i would still like to get clark more minutes. clark reminds me of a shorter more mentally stable eddie griffin, there is a lot of potential there for him to become a solid starter.

6. sheb

sheb Member

You know... we could run more than an 8 man rotation...

Radical idea right

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Bench small forward. Using this guy, we lose a lit of matches

amaru and Crashlanded19 like this.
  9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I love House but you know that he’s going to struggle in his first playoffs. Although that might be the case for Ennis too, not sure if he’s made the playoffs before

10. csc177

csc177 Member

I really like Clark too, but he can’t sniff the floor anymore...MDA clearly lost confidence in him or he must not be practicing that well.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

I really like Clark too, but he can’t sniff the floor anymore...MDA clearly lost confidence in him or he must not be practicing that well.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I canìt believe i'm saying this since i really disliked House in summer league but, i think he shoud start ahead Ennis, i think he's a bit more on control on defense and when he has the ball, Ennis plays with energy but sometimes he gives me some Brewer vibes, and i think that kind of player is more suited for coming off the bench.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Its a no brainer since we've won seven out of eight games playing him over Clark. He is a big reason we are on this winning streak. If someone is to replace him it'll be rivers, as both are superior isolation defenders than ennis. We have enough offense and ennis is not a good defender though adequate.

roslolian likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Package Ennis with BK and picks for a solid role player.

MCW is our new Bobby Brown cheerleader

topfive likes this.
  15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Hopefully so.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here is the thing. . . . neither of them start
    They are looking like second of third off the bench

EGO is the Starter

Then Rivers, Green, House, NeNe, Ennis (already past 8 deep)

Rocket RIver

BeBreezy, Philter_09, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

House isn't the perfect starting 3 but neither is Ennis.

Theoretically, Gary Clark would fit better than both of them but if he isn't knocking down open 3's then you just can't play him.

roslolian and mike2k132 like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We have no problem playing Eric Gordon and Gerald Green big minutes when they can't hit 3's!

Rockets are starving for depth, yet keep one of their only young pieces glued to the bench. Look at how House has developed with more playing time.

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

thing is NBA players will actually contest GG and Gordon. They leave Clark WIDE open.

jsilencio, roslolian and Elephant810 like this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nah Eddie griffin was a much better player than Clark. That’s was one of my favorite young prospect to watch for. He was the only bright light in that horrible season that got us Yao Ming. Griffin had game. Could shoot from the perimter, post up and he was a legit rim protector

roslolian and sammy like this.